Pearl Harbor Helpful Hints

KruzeKrazy!

Sorry to ask about something that has likely been addressed a multitude of times but . . . any helpful hints, tips, secrets, for a great Pearl Harbor tour experience?

If you have the time, I recommend the "Heart of the Missouri" tour. It is a guided stem to stern, covers almost keel to almost mast and other areas where just going onboard you are unlikely to see. Think it takes about three hours and well worth the time IMHO.

...VTX-Al

If you have the time, I recommend the "Heart of the Missouri" tour. It is a guided stem to stern, covers almost keel to almost mast and other areas where just going onboard you are unlikely to see. Think it takes about three hours and well worth the time IMHO.

...VTX-Al

Thanks - we like that idea a lot!

You have to pick up your tickets at least an hour before your scheduled time. Later on in the day can be windy so on occasion they will cancel afternoon tour times for the Arizona, so it's better to try to get a morning time slot, just in case.

No bags, purses, etc. are allowed. There's a place to store them just before the entrance. I think it was three dollars.

Remember your id: driver's license, or passport if you're not a US citizen, etc...

Enjoy! :)

One tip on what NOT to do...

From personal experience...do NOT ask Google maps for directions to "Pearl Harbor" on your smartphone.

Was just there a couple of weeks ago. My friend and I sat in the back seat of the rental car from Waikiki while guys were in front...one was driving and the other was navigating. I wasn't paying close attention to where we were going until I looked up and commented on what a remote area we were in with no traffic...or signs. About then the phone GPS says "turn left on Barracks Road." Started investigating and realized we must be at the military base...NOT the US Arizona Memorial. :eek:

Our reservations were for 9 am and this was about 7:55 am. I knew we were to pick up tickets one hour in advance so I quickly called Visitor's Center. The guy who answered said we would be fine...they would hold the tickets. He also told us the correct address is "1 Arizona Memorial Place".

GPS was re-programmed and it took us about 25 minutes to get back to the correct location. Turns out we were on the opposite side of the harbor.

We were able to park & pick up our tickets and actually got put in with the 8:45 am tour so all was well. :) I did notice when we got there (around 8:30 am) they were handing out tickets for the 12:45 slot.

Edited by AryMay