lockers seattle

shutuph

We have a few hours before we would have to head to the airport. We were thinking of taking a taxi to Pike Market or Westlake Center. Is there lockers available to store luggage at either of these places? We thought we would take the light rail to the airport after. My other thought would be to ask the hotel that we are staying at precruise if they would hold our luggage for a few hours. Just thought Pike market with luggage may be crazy!

Thanks

We have a few hours before we would have to head to the airport. We were thinking of taking a taxi to Pike Market or Westlake Center. Is there lockers available to store luggage at either of these places? We thought we would take the light rail to the airport after. My other thought would be to ask the hotel that we are staying at precruise if they would hold our luggage for a few hours. Just thought Pike market with luggage may be crazy!

Thanks

Since 9/11 I don't think you're going to find self-storage in many places at all.

There are bag storage services at both cruise terminals that close at 3 PM if I recall; not much help if you're using Pier 91, but fine if you're using Pier 66 or are willing to taxi from Pier 91 to Pier 66. But I think asking your pre-cruise hotel to store them for a few hours is the winner; most should agree. (Obviously I'd tip the bell person or concierge.)

There's also a baggage storage facility at the airport (Ken's Baggage next to the bag claim carousels) but that would mean you go first to the airport then double back to downtown.

Thanks

I asked this question directly to SeaTac last week.

This is the reply I received:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your upcoming travel through Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. We are glad you are choosing to visit our beautiful region!

One of the services offered by the cruise lines that operate out of Seattle is airline check in and baggage transfer from the pier. This will give you the option to check in, not worry about your luggage, and enjoy the services provided by our lounges without the hassle of waiting in line at the ticket counter. Please visit our cruise website for more information and contact information should you have further question: http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Pages/default.aspx

Unfortunately I think they are wrong for BA flights - I think it only applies to some airlines - but worth checking out . For sure if they took our BA luggage I'd pay the $20 in a heartbeat!

Thanks

If your cruise berths at Pier66, you can walk to Pike Market and Westlake,which we did , we left our luggage at the storage area at the pier went to the market, Westlake then took the monorail to the Space needle all within then back to the pier in about 3hrs

If your cruise berths at Pier66, you can walk to Pike Market and Westlake,which we did , we left our luggage at the storage area at the pier went to the market, Westlake then took the monorail to the Space needle all within then back to the pier in about 3hrs

We will be returning to Pier 66 in late July and can't check into our condo rental (about 4 blocks from Pier 66) til about 4pm. Since you have used the luggage storage at the pier before, what's the cost, the location and how late can you leave the luggage for the day. Thanks.

We will be returning to Pier 66 in late July and can't check into our condo rental (about 4 blocks from Pier 66) til about 4pm. Since you have used the luggage storage at the pier before, what's the cost, the location and how late can you leave the luggage for the day. Thanks.

it's right at the pier. Was $3 per bag last yr. Hours on the port web site and they are strict about it.

http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Services/Pages/default.aspx

If your condo rental has a doorman they might have a secure place for your luggage ... it's worth asking .

Edited by mapleleaves