Cabin assignment?

Pisgah

For the first time, after 18 cruises, we are letting Carnival assign our cabin. We did this because of the super deal. Selecting a room was not an option with the special price.

The price was too good to pass. We got a 6 day cruise for $329 PP out of Charleston in Oct.

I was wondering is anyone on CC has experience with Carnival selecting the cabin for you. When do you find out the cabin number?

Rick

There are countless threads on this topic, it's certainly a common question!

I'd suggest checking this thread first. It is where people post their experiences with guarantees, and the experiences vary as much as the weather!

My two cents: have done guarantees a few times and never been disappointed. Typically get a decent location, always near others in the group if we link our bookings. Usually we get an assignment 2-4 weeks out.

With that being said, what I always remind people is that with guarantee cabins you have to be ready (and okay with) having the worst cabin on the ship, anything more is a bonus! Makes for a little suspense, and maybe you'll get a room somewhere you wouldn't normally stay and maybe you'll like it :) good luck!

For the first time, after 18 cruises, we are letting Carnival assign our cabin. We did this because of the super deal. Selecting a room was not an option with the special price.

The price was too good to pass. We got a 6 day cruise for $329 PP out of Charleston in Oct.

I was wondering is anyone on CC has experience with Carnival selecting the cabin for you. When do you find out the cabin number?

Rick

We did the same thing for our upcoming cruise on the Triumph.

sail date May 9, 2016

Booked end of Feb. 2016 inside guarantee 2 rooms.

We rec. our room assignment yesterday. 27 days before sailing.

Rooms assigned were 4A.

Inside Riveria Deck 1418 - 2 twins (king) 1 Pullman

Inside Rivera Deck 1426 - 2 twins (king)

I was really nervous doing it but went ahead and did it. I was originally booked for a obstructed balcony. Then they had that special where you let them choose your room & it was cheaper then the obstructed balcony was so I took it...

Ended up with...

Carnival Pride

May 8, 2016

5131 Extended Balcony

Onboard credit $100

I looked at the floor plans it looks like im right above the entrance of the Taj Mahal. Which I hope will be fine .. im usually out pretty late anyways so the noise (if any) shouldnt bother me ..

We were assigned our room around 60-70 days out from sailing, balcony guarantee. We were assigned a balcony on the upper deck, got an email today 54 days out asking if we wanted to upgrade to panorama deck for $40.00. We went with it. Not that we were unhappy with the room we were assigned, we just figured it was a good deal for us. We originally book an inside cabin, a month or so later the rates for a balcony were cheaper than our interior so we changed to the balcony guarantee and ended up with $140.00 OBC. We are sailing on the Dream in June. :) Can't wait!