Thank goodness X doesn't....

Danno

The world continues to get smaller- your dental hygienist probably also knows my cousins, Forbes and Shirley!:D

Oh, and my oldest brother and his wife lived in Calais, Maine when they were first married- talk about Northern Maine!:eek: Me, I preferred staying with my aunt and uncle in Prout's Neck.:)

Andrew

Danno, Shplinky, BlazerBoy,
You're all making me a little homesick. A large part of my husband's family is from Manitoulin Island and we lived most of our lives in Sudbury.

We're living out here in Victoria hiding from the snow, cold, mosquitoes and shad flies. Just a little homesick though- not enough to leave the most beautiful place in Canada.:o No snow, no really cold weather, no mosquitoes or shad flies and best of all really close to a cruise ship pier!

And Brenda, you've also got that guy in the fun old blue and white Daimler limousine ferrying tourists around your downtown!:D

We love Victoria- were just there in August, and also Vancouver: all other things being equal, we may retire to BC.:)

Andrew

"Calais, Maine"

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Oh, lord. Andrew, that was hours south. Try Presque Isle![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]A mile to school, uphill both ways, in the snow![/SIZE][/FONT] :D

Trying to return to the subject, I'm glad there is only one mandatory activity attendance on Celebrity: the muster drill (and there's probably only that one mandatory activity on all cruise ships, as required by the coast guard). Oh, and leaving the ship, of course. Make that two. But one is at the beginning and one at the end, and there's lots of choice inbetween those two days.

So if you don't like something, try it at a different time, and if you still don't like it, stay away from it if it offends you so much. There's plenty of room for everyone on board, and plenty of varied activities.

i found on Summit that I would continually run into the same people because we were doing the same kinds of activities and avoiding others, so being on a large ship does not mean that you are going to be totally isolated.

[quote name='Blazerboy']And Brenda, you've also got that guy in the fun old blue and white Daimler limousine ferrying tourists around your downtown!:D

We love Victoria- were just there in August, and also Vancouver: all other things being equal, we may retire to BC.:)

Andrew[/quote]

Glad you liked the old guy and his Daimler not to mention both Victoria & Vancouver. You'll be welcome whenever and whyever you come.

Now to stick to the point of the thread- The thing that I hate about Celebrity is the hex that they have put on my watch and calendar. Time waiting for a cruise is unbearably slow and time on a cruise is incredibly fast. This is no doubt some evil, sneaky marketing department ploy.:D
Brenda

[quote name='brenda56']Danno, Shplinky, BlazerBoy,
You're all making me a little homesick. A large part of my husband's family is from Manitoulin Island and we lived most of our lives in Sudbury.

[/quote]

MY GAWD...you escaped Sudbury!! How lucky can one person be!! Count your blessings...

[quote name='Danno']MY GAWD...you escaped Sudbury!! How lucky can one person be!! Count your blessings...[/quote]

Now,now Danno- it's not nice to be rude to the scenically challenged.
In truth, I never realized how bad it was until I moved here.:rolleyes:

BTW- I just realized my last post is on the wrong thread- It just comes of being hooked on this site. You read so much, you forget where you are.

[quote name='Blazerboy']The world continues to get smaller- your dental hygienist probably also knows my cousins, Forbes and Shirley!:D

Oh, and my oldest brother and his wife lived in Calais, Maine when they were first married- talk about Northern Maine!:eek: Me, I preferred staying with my aunt and uncle in Prout's Neck.:)

Andrew[/QUOTE]

Andrew, Prout's Neck is in my neck of the woods...Gorgeous place isn't it?? Ever been to the Black Point Inn???
It's heaven here...do your Aunt & Unlce still live here??

[B]Make[/B] me

walk to shore when there is no room at the docks...

bus my own table, even if I am only having a hot dog....

buy a copy of those formal night photos that always make everyone look so comfortable and charming...

attend Bingo in the Celebrity Theater...

Susan

Halos- of course! Black Point Inn was a fun place to go for lunch! A real treat for a ten year old- felt very grown up! My aunt and her late husband sold the home years ago, but I still have a seascape that was left in the house when they bought it- always secretly hoped it would turn out to be a Homer Winslow, but alas, it's just an attractive painting...:rolleyes: Used to pick berries near his old studio.

Bob, then you know the experience!:eek:

Andrew

Halos- of course! Black Point Inn was a fun place to go for lunch! A real treat for a ten year old- felt very grown up! My aunt and her late husband sold the home years ago, but I still have a seascape that was left in the house when they bought it- always secretly hoped it would turn out to be a Homer Winslow, but alas, it's just an attractive painting...:rolleyes: Used to pick berries near his old studio.

Bob, then you know the experience!:eek:

Andrew

Here you go......:) The Black Point from Ferry Beach

796436937_BlackPointInnFromFerryBeach30.jpg.ceda5b5b8f90a1937bb3b710fb0a3c53.jpg

Archived