Reserving Golf Cart Info - Catalina Island

We will be cruising into Catalina Island next month and I have been looking at the websites offering rental golf carts.

I was considering reserving a golf cart online, but a had a few questions hopefully someone can give me some input.

Do you feel that reserving is necessary? I see lots of people who have traveled this port many times on these feeds & I was wondering how easy is it to just go up to the rental stand and get a cart without reserving?

This would be late May, on a Tuesday...I understand it depends on other ships being in port and demand that day. But just wondering on average is it pretty easy to get a rental golf cart the same day in Catalina Island or is it best to reserve online? Most website state that if you prebook you will get an extra hour. So that may be a reason to book online. Has anyone gotten the extra hour and not pre-booked?

I'm also worried about #1 carts being sold out, and #2 not being able to tender off the ship at the specified time I reserve and losing the reservation or being late to the reservation time.

Thanks for any info you can provide regarding rental carts in Catalina Island.

Edited by ccw2891

• 3 weeks later...

I would reserve a cart on line if possible. The last time we were in Avalon we used ours all day. It is very hilly and you can see so much in a shorter time.

Enjoy your day.

Last time we were there we reserved ahead of time....I think we ended up paying a cheaper rate than those who walked up....the line up was insane....we were thanking our lucky stars that we reserved....in my opinion I would rather reserve and have piece of mind than not and risk missing out.