Abbreviations

bchele

I'm new to this site and have been reading some of the topics and stuff, but can someone tell me what DD, DW, DH or any other one stand for? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you! I figured it was wife or husband but I couldn't figure out what the D was for! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have had to ask what some initials meant. But, as I am not a fan of abbreviations, I refuse to do DH, DD, etc.. And for example LOL, that could mean laugh out loud, lots of love, left over lasagna.:D Just does not do it for me.

I have had to ask what some initials meant. But, as I am not a fan of abbreviations, I refuse to do DH, DD, etc.. And for example LOL, that could mean laugh out loud, lots of love, left over lasagna.:D Just does not do it for me.

well, no, not really. Anyone telling you it's lots of love is using it wrong. Maybe at one time in the days of dial-up it was love but now it's always laugh out loud.

But what in the world is this thing you said? Left Over Lasagna? I've never seen such a thing. Are you saying there are people who don't eat all the lasagna?

That's kooky talk!:D

But what in the world is this thing you said? Left Over Lasagna? I've never seen such a thing. Are you saying there are people who don't eat all the lasagna?

I don't know, I've seen talk of left over OBC. But I guess not everyone has a Mrs Gut to make sure it doesn't happen.

Or even a Gut to make sure there's no left over lasagna.

well, no, not really. Anyone telling you it's lots of love is using it wrong. Maybe at one time in the days of dial-up it was love but now it's always laugh out loud.

Oh, and also lots of luck!

Funny that you should mention dial up days. I have had a friend for so many years, we have gone through snail mail, dial up, etc... She kept sending me those awful gloom and doom chain letters. After one such incident, I emailed her back to stop that, as at that time I was in a wheelchair,(due to a bad car wreck) my dad had just had a heart attack and we didn't need the bad karma. She replied LMAO. When I found out what that meant, I sent her to spam. :mad:

People use lots of abbreviations, and they work for all manner of relationships.

Husband, Wife, StepSon (Daughter), Aunt, Niece, Nephew ... I even saw one that made me stop, think and then grin ...

GDMIL (g*d d**m Mother In Law)

Wonder what *that* cruise was like? :D:eek:

LOL has always been Laugh Out Loud for the internet, though. There's no one who ever has left over lasagna.