Port of Miami post cruise

Dave994

Hello,

I am doing a short 4 day with my dd as a special trip and our flight home on Friday isn't until 8:00pm that night.

Any suggestions for the day other than the Carnival excursions? I am mostly worried about what to do with our luggage.

Thanks for the thoughts....

I usually book a late flight home after cruising, and take a cab to the airport to store my luggage. (Central Terminal E) It costs about $6-$7 for my bag. From there, I take the Airport Flyer (#150) bus straight to South Beach. (day pass for bus= $5.65) I usually get off the bus in the Art Deco district and walk about. Have lunch somewhere (Lots of choices) When you're ready to head back, just hop on the #150 bus and you'll be back at the airport in about 20-25 minutes or so...

Another option is to store your bags at Miami Beach, spend your day there (beach, lunch, shopping, people watching, etc.) then collect your bags and catch the airport flyer bus to MIA.

http://sobevee.wix.com/luggageloungemiami

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/bus-airport-flyer.asp

Your other option is to rent a car for the day, put your bags in the trunk, and then go where you want. Return the car at MIA and fly home. Avis, Hertz and others have smaller downtown locations close to POM ($12 cab if they do not shuttle), or National/Alamo/Thrifty (& maybe Enterprise) offer a free shuttle between POM and their MIA airport location.

Edited by JohninDC