Boarding time in Athens?

kiwi_sparkles

Can anyone advise what time we should arrive at the port?

I am asking because yesterday someone was flamed for turning up at 10 or 10:30 who then came on here complaining that they didn't board for two hours. Posters were saying they should have known better because no one arrives that early.

Today I searched boarding times in various other posts and majority of people say don't worry what docs or website says, go early, get there for 10:30 or 11am!!

Needless to say I'm confused. We've not sailed Princess before and are not sure what is "normal". I think our hotel checkout is 11am so had originally planned on heading straight to the port.

Princess usually start check in about 11am and boarding at 11:30 or noon. This assumes there are no delays caused by slow processing of the ship by local authorities.

At the terminal, there will be two lines. One will be for passengers with priority. This consists of passengers in suites and those who are Platinum or Elite in the princess repeat customer program. The other is for all others. After checking in, there are separate. lounges for the two groups. The group in the priority lounge will board first.

My boarding thing says boarding is 1-7pm. Our hotel is very close to the port, I plan on checking out of the hotel at 11-11:30 and stopping by the market for any last minute things (water) then heading over to the port. I don't mind waiting at the port of it means getting on the ship asap!