Docking spots for Vikings Tulips & Windmills

suspaul

Hi all. Has anyone returned lately from doing the above river cruise? Where did your ship dock in Amsterdam at each end of the trip? We leave Friday for a few days in Amsterdam on our own, staying at Crowne Plaza near Centraal Station and will embark on the Lif 4/19.

In our documents it mentions docking at one of 3 spots near CS but I've also read about docking further out at Coenhaven.

Hope your trip was enjoyable.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.

We were on the first cruise on March 25th. Ours showed those same 3 possible docks. Before we left the hotel, I asked them to call the number in the documents and sure enough we were at Coenhaven. Viking provided shuttles every couple of hours that dropped off in front of St Nicholas church (just up from CS). When we returned to AMS, we had the prime dock just in front of CS. You could see the traffic jam of ships as we came in that morning. We hung out just off the dock for about 30 min waiting for 2 ships to move. If you don't have transfers from the airport, I would definitely call ahead. It apparently is totally up to the harbor master, so it is just luck of the draw. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks so much. We'll call the morning of embarkation to see where the ship is located. Since we did our own air we don't have transfers thru Viking but will take a taxi if need be. Would be great if we did disembark near CS so we could take the train back to Schiphol. I hope you had a great cruise. We're looking forward to our travels.

We just returned Wednesday from our Windmills and Tulips tour. I would highly recommend emailing the ship (you should have their email address with your travel documents) to find out exactly where they are docked. We did our own pre-extension in AMS and had Uber take us to the boat. The night before my husband emailed the ship and found out where they were. The location can change depending on the port authority.

Our departure location was back behind and to the right (from my walking directions!) of the Central station. When we returned, we were tucked back in an industrial canal next to a recycle dump and huge crane. We moved over night before we disembarked for home. I have no idea where we were that morning (it was too early for me to care!)