Suggestions for time between Captain Cook Check Out and Late Flight from Anchorage?

Jordtz

Any suggestions on how to spend time between checking out of Captain Cook hotel (around noon), and late flight out of Anchorage (approx. 11:00 pm)? Also, any information regarding transfer from hotel to airport would be appreciated. Thank you in advance......

Last year the Captain Cook operated an airport shuttle; you could call and see if they'll be running it again. I'm sure they'd store your luggage for the day after you check out. You'll be right in downtown and able to walk all over. About 4 blocks away, there's a square where tour companies pick up and drop off for tours like the zoo, trolley tour, and Alaska Native Heritage Center. There's a museum downtown, statues, and loads of gifts shops as well as a regular mall. Glacier Brewhouse and Simon and Seaforts are great restaurants. You should try a reindeer dog for lunch from Tia's stand on 4th Ave. it stays light almost all night in the summer, so you'll have plenty of daylight to sightsee until you need to go to the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I used to live in Anchorage. The Captain Cook is a lovely hotel and centrally located. Walk a few blocks down the hill and you'll have some nice views of Turnagain Arm. If you want to experience some local color, I'd recommend Humpy's. It's a pub on 7th Street, next to City Hall. The food is good (the fish tacos are a favorite). It fills up around dinner, so try to get there early. It's also near town square, which if the flowers are in, is quite pretty. Enjoy your trip!

On our cruise tour they held our bags in the storage rooms (actually large conference rooms) until time for the shuttle. Turned out we were the only ones leaving, so we had the shuttle to ourselves. We walked around town, visited the mall and ate dinner there before heading back to the hotel for the transfer.