New Carnival Ship Fiesta ?

LaCal

Couldn't agree more. It's pathetic. Especially this Je Souhaite character who stalks JH so much he probably knows when he takes bathroom breaks.

Actually, there's no need to stalk him to gather that information. He feels compelled to tell us when he's constipated and when he's regular.

Edited by Thorncroft

And thank's to JH's comment, I can gladly state, once again, that the name is definitely NOT Fiesta. It seems there are some that are heck bent to deny a person their opinion if they are not affiliated with the cruise line.

I won't put money on ANYTHING until I see the Press release.

In the mean time, they could put B O A T on the side and it wouldn't matter a hill of beans to me.

Actually, there's no need to stalk him to gather that information. He feels compelled to tells us when he's constipated and when he's regular.

True that. Who cared that he had a transatlantic package waiting to deliver that was overdue for days.:confused:

Edited by Je Souhaite

Think he is a funny fellow but really wish he would lose his bathroom humor. TMI for sure.

I feel that 98% of the time any bathroom speak is used is a setup for a joke (and not to be taken literally). But I definitely understand that not everyone enjoys jokes related to the bathroom. To each their own.

And thank's to JH's comment, I can gladly state, once again, that the name is definitely NOT Fiesta. It seems there are some that are heck bent to deny a person their opinion if they are not affiliated with the cruise line.

In fairness, you originally made a blanket statement while not providing us with a credible source to back up your statement. JH is not always right, nor is he always forthcoming. He is, after all, a company spokesperson and an entertainer at that. Carnival is known to hold their hand close until they are ready to make an announcement about a coming announcement that invariably gets delayed numerous times before they finally break their often times underwhelming news.

With that said, I doubt Fiesta will be the name. Personally, I thought that Breeze and Sunshine were overly cutesy names for cruise ships, so anything is possible.

At the end of the day, your guess is as good as mine.

In fairness, you originally made a blanket statement while not providing us with a credible source to back up your statement. JH is not always right, nor is he always forthcoming. He is, after all, a company spokesperson and an entertainer at that. Carnival is known to hold their hand close until they are ready to make an announcement about a coming announcement that invariably gets delayed numerous times before they finally break their often times underwhelming news.

With that said, I doubt Fiesta will be the name. Personally, I thought that Breeze and Sunshine were overly cutesy names for cruise ships, so anything is possible.

At the end of the day, your guess is as good as mine.

While I can understand hesitation in taking a Brand Ambassador at his word regarding a not-yet-released news item (regardless of how unimportant it really it), when compared to the original "source" of a random Wiki editor with nothing to back it up, I personally would assume the Brand Ambassador was more correct than that Wiki editor.

Actually I have found that the stuff he denies turns out to many times be true, and then he does a back peddle, while he oddly attacks those that point it out to him.

So I'm not surprised at the skeptics.

Cite examples please.

I enjoy his bathroom humor. I incorporated a bit of it in my latest wikipedia page edit

It's in the "Personal Life" section of Heald's Wikipedia page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Heald#Personal_life

You may need to cruise more as you have far too much time on your hands if your doing Wikipedia posts on JH.

90% of the people who sail on Carnival have no idea who the man is.

Now I don't know what the ship is going to be called, but if they were going to name it Fiesta and then someone caught on, I would expect a brand ambassador to deny it on behalf of the company.

I have never stepped on a ship simply because of a name. Features and price are what I care about.

While I can understand hesitation in taking a Brand Ambassador at his word regarding a not-yet-released news item (regardless of how unimportant it really it), when compared to the original "source" of a random Wiki editor with nothing to back it up, I personally would assume the Brand Ambassador was more correct than that Wiki editor.

I agree. As we have seen in this thread, any random Joe on the street that feels compelled and has a motive, can take matters into their own hands and make alterations to Wikipedia as they see fit. It comes down to which Wiki editor has the more believable guess. Carnival will let us know what the name is when they get ready. I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Just read that the new Carnival ship currently being built might of had its name leaked on Wikipedia by mistake

Wednesday it was listed on the site as Fiesta and was quickly taken down lol

Guess we'll find out by next year for sure

Just more wrong information posted by people who don't know what they are talking about.

Fiesta has to be the single worst name for a cruise ship I've ever heard. It better not be true.

Or what? You won't sail on it? You'll boycott them? I really don't understand the implied threat (which is what it is when I tell my kids "you better not (fill in the blank)."

You may need to cruise more as you have far too much time on your hands if your doing Wikipedia posts on JH.

90% of the people who sail on Carnival have no idea who the man is.

Now I don't know what the ship is going to be called, but if they were going to name it Fiesta and then someone caught on, I would expect a brand ambassador to deny it on behalf of the company.

I have never stepped on a ship simply because of a name. Features and price are what I care about.

Agreed.

Carnival Horizon sounds too much like Event Horizon .... scary movie :eek:

In defense of Brand Ambassadors ... I'm a kind of brand ambassador at work, tasked with passing along information from corporate. Believe it or not, corporate changes their mind, sometimes last minute without warning. Pity poor brand ambassadors who can only sing the song they are given.

How about Carnivale? or Festivale?

Panorama? Prospect?

Zephyr? Tradewinds?

Enchantment? Bewitched?

Carnival Horizon sounds too much like Event Horizon .... scary movie :eek:

In defense of Brand Ambassadors ... I'm a kind of brand ambassador at work, tasked with passing along information from corporate. Believe it or not, corporate changes their mind, sometimes last minute without warning. Pity poor brand ambassadors who can only sing the song they are given.

How about Carnivale? or Festivale?

Panorama? Prospect?

Zephyr? Tradewinds?

Enchantment? Bewitched?

They could start a whole new class with Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered.

Or Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum

Just got off the phone with Arnold Donald and he says that Carnival wants the new ship to be a tribute to all the value cruisers out there.

It will be officially announced very soon but I'll leak it here now and let you know that the new Vista Class ship is going to be called Carnival Smuggler.

There were 2 other candidates internally that the name beat out. Those were: Carnival Rum Runner and Carnival Bootlegger

I like John, but I do think he needs a villain, and Cruise Critic fits that bill.

He's a showman who needs someone to stir up controversy on his page to build a following and taking posts from here out of context along with the folks that willingly go tell him stuff being discussed here as fact provides that bit of controversy without hurting any feelings.

It's a give and take thing here, but I think the average user on his page hasn't really gotten into the cruise critic community beyond the surface and feels like they are better off sticking to his page. There may be some "elitist" mentalities here, but for the most part everyone is down to earth and just wants to get on a ship. I've learned a lot from this group of people and it didn't matter if they liked john or not.

With that in mind there have been many many many things posted about here that he had no idea about, and at first denied only to come back later and confirm.

Edited by WLHyatt

That's never stopped other cruise lines from hijacking each other's names. Count how many Magics, Dreams and Splendors are floating around out there.

Sorry, but there would be another name associated with that name. Such as "Splendor of the Sea", "Thomson Dream", "Disney Magic", etc. Not just that single name as you suggested. :cool:

Or what? You won't sail on it? You'll boycott them? I really don't understand the implied threat (which is what it is when I tell my kids "you better not (fill in the blank)."

Agreed.

Perhaps its not for you to "understand"? If I choose to do any of the above, or anything else for that matter, what business of yours is it?

Edited by TheTravelista

Perhaps its not for you to "understand"? If I choose to do any of the above, or anything else for that matter, what business of yours is it?

You are correct - your reason is not for me to understand.

But perhaps you don't understand that when you respond on a public forum you are inviting replies. Anyone can respond to you just like you responded to the OP.

Happy sailing to you, whatever the ship is named that you are sailing on!