Credit request at Carnival

ROBREQ

Some of the replies I'm reading here.... I'm embarrassed for some of you. There is an OLD saying that's been around forever... If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. The OP is clearly just looking for a little advice, and it's my opinion that if you don't have any advice worth hearing, simply don't reply and move on to the next thread. With that said, I'm truly sorry for the OP's loss, and I hope that Carnival would make some type of future credit happen for you. As a law enforcement professional for almost 20 years, I've dealt with plenty of death, and it's always hard to see how loved ones handle the losses.

First, OP sorry for the loss.

I don't see the posts asking why OP thinks they should get their money back as being misplaced anger. I see it as an honest question of why would they even consider calling and trying to get a refund when there are those of us that spend our hard earned money to buy trip insurance.

I find those saying that it is okay go ahead and call and get your money back to be in the wrong.

It states in the policy that they are not entitled to anything. I think those stating that they are not entitled to anything are stating the truth instead of acting like most of today's society, thinking that they are entitled to special privileges and that Carnival should break the rules.

I do not disagree with what you say the policy says.

BUT - as long as Carnival still grants future cruise credits for those without insurance the OP has every right to at least inquire.

As with many of Carnivals policies - it's all about consistent (or inconsistent) application of those policies.

Why is this causing so much consternation? The simple answer is "we" as in this Carnival forum do not have concrete answers for the OP. Unless we have been in the same situation and have "found" the shortcut to the "higher up" our advice is simply that "we don't know" who to contact directly to handle the OPs request.

The OP, like many who have gone before, absolutely feels that "a death in the family" warrants a call to Carnival to see if their personal "tragedy" can result in some kind of financial recap for their, probably, much anticipated cruise. Our only advice should be that "per the Carnival contract" this may be a tough road to climb but "we" can only offer support for their endeavor and not really any immediate help.

Condolences on the OPs loss and good luck with finding someone who can really help....that is probably going through regular channels and working to see if there is a way of contacting someone who typically handles these situations. Like, with all unpleasant things, there is no "cruise-critic" short cut that I am aware of.

I am very sorry for your loss. Please ignore some of the insensitive posts.

While I know what the policy is, I also know that sometimes, they will issue a credit for a future credit... they did it for me when I had something very unexpected medical issue prevent me from cruising... I had no insurance, was younger and didn't see the need.. I do get it now. But that aside, call Carnival guest services... or better yet email them... I don't remember the email address... am at work... but will post it later for you... please don't respond to the negative posts... it only makes it get worse... most of the time.. you will not get those kind of responses. I am sure I will get responses too, but will ignore them. This is about you, your loss, and Carnival may help you with this...

So very sorry for your loss...

Well you won't get a negative comment from me. You get a "thank you."

I agree with what you wrote. I am happy to read your very encouraging reply to this OP.

And I want to add my sincere condolences. ❤️

Due to death in family on 4/14/16 we are unable to cruise. Our booking for Fantasy, 3 days, departure today. Who should I write to request a credit for future sailing? I am thinking of someone up in ranks at Carnival. Thamks

My condolences.

If you have a 3rd party trip insurance then you should call them.

If you have insurance thru Carnival, call Carnival or your travel agent.

Without insurance, it may be harder to get any refund or credit, but like some say, it never hurts to ask. The worst case scenario is the response being "no credit, sorry" but you never know unless you try.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am so sorry for your loss. While I know you have already received some helpful advice I wanted to let you know what happened to us a few years ago.

A week and a half before we were to cruise, one person in our party (my dad) was diagnosed with cancer and could not travel. Though we did have insurance I called to cancel. I knew we were not entitled to a full refund, it was more of a courtesy call. I was refunded my prepaid tips and port charges and was offered to switch the date of my cruise, but it had to be taken within a month and I had to know the date right then. Unfortunately we knew we couldn't travel during that time and we were nable to accept their generous offer.

I offer my condolences.

Sorry for your loss, we lost my father in law in March last year. We had a cruise already paid for, no insurance. We were able to book someone else in his place and they waived the 50 or 100 change fee with a copy of the death certificate. It took a few days but they helped us. Good luck to you and just contact them and see what they can do. They can possibly give a future cruise credit or something with documentation.

Edited by Quilcruisers

First off, sorry to the OP for the loss, 2nd, sorry to those who have spent their hard earned money on insurance and feel cheated. I have a friend who had this situation and they called their PVP. The PVP asked them to send a letter to her. She forwarded it someone and they were able to get a future cruise credit with no penalty. This was a few weeks before the cruise, but still similar. This may not always happen, but it did for them and it does show good customer relations by Carnival. I would recommend insurance but why should I be upset if a company does a good job helping a customer. Insurance covers a lot more than the trip so you are not being cheated when good customer service comes into play. Send a message and I hope you get a chance to take this cruise after you have some time to grieve. Good luck!

Just this morning, my father passed away. I sat in the Houston airport (we drove to Texas from Ohio, arriving yesterday. My husband is driving home, I flew). While waiting to board my plane I made that call to Carnival. The lady I spoke to was very nice and told me that my cheers package would be refunded to me upon cancelation. She explained that the taxes and port fees would be refunded. She told me the amount I'd be out.

She then asked if I was "OK" with these details. I am, because I have travel insurance from another company, but I got the feeling that if I had said "no" she would have been able to offer me a credit for future use.

So, to the OP, please just call and talk to guest service!!! Good luck to you and I"m sorry for your loss. Trust me, I'm feeling your pain.

Robin

What I find odd about this post is that so many people assumed the OP didn't have insurance. They never mentioned in the post if they had insurance or not. The just wanted to know who to call. Maybe they did and wanted to know if they had to contact Carnival or an insurance company.

How I long for the days when this board use to be friendly and helpful.

What I find odd about this post is that so many people assumed the OP didn't have insurance. They never mentioned in the post if they had insurance or not. The just wanted to know who to call. Maybe they did and wanted to know if they had to contact Carnival or an insurance company.

How I long for the days when this board use to be friendly and helpful.

The irony of this post is there's no REAL info in it to help the OP. How is that friendly or helpful?

OP, I hope you got a satisfactory resolution.

Edited by TomAceEsq

Meanwhile, I don't seee where anyone provided a contact which is what they asked for. I'm sure they know the toll-free #. And suggesting they email John Heald on his open Facebook page will yield more tomatoes than doing it here.

Per policy, the OP isn't entitled to a thing. He or she can call. Or better yet try cclsupport@carnival.com . I have used that email numerous times with success in getting a response. At the time of this question, it was already too late to get a resolution quickly. Maybe if you email, someone can take the time to read it over before responding instead of an on-the-fly answer when calling. Be patient as anything they do will be an exception.

Seems to me, the first thing would have been to call Carnival first regardless. Not come here. Maybe they did. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk