NEW Farewell Show

clearandsunny

I am sure, much like American Table, in which not all ship's have changed over too...Maybe you are referring to PLAYLIST PRODUCTIONS??

On the Miracle, the Legends show, along with several other long time staples, had been replaced with PLAYLIST PRODUCTIONS.

And while the reviews for these shows have been rather tepid in nature, we found the shows las August to be quite good.

Having said that, the LEAD MALE was absolutely amazing in voice, stage presence and performing ability.

I could see how other ships having a weaker lead ( s ) could make the shows less enjoyable.

Playlist is performed with pre recorded music, video imagery projected onto backscreens ( impressive in my mind ).

Folks always complain when things are old and stale and want new, then Carnival does something NEW, and the complainers want ventriloquists and jugglers and magicians back.

Like going to Disneyland, some will watch parades, others not.

Some will watch Aladdin in California Adventure, others not.

Some like the daring rides, others Pirates of Caribbean..

Does Disney do a bad job? Of course not, they are catering to a wide audience to maximize profits.

Kinda maybe what Carnival is trying to do...ya think?

Anyway, I don't know for sure if this is what you meant by a farewell show, when we first cruised 20 yrs ago it was common to see a very specific farewell show in which alot of the ships staff, entertainers, etc. performed, but I have not seen that in years.

So go into the theatre, if you like it, stay, if you like the comedians, stay. If you like the food you ordered, eat it...if not, you have other choices.

You are not forced to endure.

Blessed sailings, have fun!!