drinks package sea princess

Hi, i see on the Princess web page that the drinks package is only available on the sea princess for 8 nights and longer in Australia, but when i rang princess they say available 3 nights and longer cruises, has any one brought the drink package for 7 night cruising.

Thank you in advance.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Princess website and Princess consultants were on the same page :rolleyes:

I was also under the impression that it was only available for a minimum 7 day cruise. Maybe you won't find out for certain until you board.

I am finding it difficult to get decent info on the drinks package... other lines such as Celebrity will give you enough detail to make a decision before you get on board, probably pay prior (better for the cruise line), and easier to administer when you rock up... It will give you what drinks you can purchase for the set fee... It will give you a standard and a premium, and differentiate between the two. You know what you are missing out on, or if its your regular poison what you can cope with.

Princess might take the tack of up-selling packages while you are on board, but at $74 per day you might want to do the math before you get on board. Can't see it being a huge seller when you get there - maybe if you are selling cocktails at $15 a pop during the sail away?

So - what Im keen on knowing is what spirits are available for the cap price of $14? You would imagine that every spirit - $14 a pop - would stretch to the top of the top shelf, but Im not convinced. Also considering that they have opened up a whisky bar that will deal with the very top.

For me, Im interested in such things as Genfiddich 12, Jamesons, and then (would be ok with at a stretch), Jim Beam, Jack Daniels (grapes are not to my taste)... Do I want to pay for 28 days of Jim Beam - possibly 7 of those a day to break even and not make it worth my while?

You need to consider your cruise plan - you are obviously going to have quite a few more on sea days than you do going from port to port - if you go all out on a sea day then the next day you are unlikely to go berserk (depending on your stamina - and age of course). I would consume less on a port day for example... If the clock arm reaches past the sun on sea days Ill take a stab...

The cruise line isnt stupid - they have found the sweet spot at this amount - makes $$ for them - but what would be good is to find out what is included, what isnt and make a call prior to departing...

Has anyone got a clue of what would reach that magical $14 (with coke), and what we can expect to pay extra for?

• 3 weeks later...

Just about all drinks are under the $14 mark. Most cocktails were $13.95 when I looked on the 35 day Hawaii cruise. Whiskeys and bourbon and pretty much any other spirit is included. All well under at around the $7.75 mark. Beer ranged from $5.50 to $8.00 Bottled water and canned soft drink are also included. Specialty coffees and also the NZ ice cream stuff is also included. Single cone, I think, was $6.50, $7.50 for 2 scopes and $8.50 for 3. Milk shakes and thick shakes between $7.00 and $8.50 from memory.

I thought for what was included it was pretty good value, but if you purchase on-board it will be a cheaper $ per day cost than pre purchasing. Some people we met paid $59 per day when they got on-board.

Hope this helps.

Despite what it says on the personalizer, it is only $59 per day. There is a bug in the Princess website software that gives an incorrect price for the AUD cruises. Apparently they do refund the difference.

SnoozeFromTas, I'm fairly certain both Glenfiddich and Jamiesons are covered by the package, and a few more as well. The only whiskies that aren't covered are some of the fancier single malts. Sorry, but I can't remember the prices.

Liqueurs are covered, the majority of the cocktails are covered including a serious range of cocktails with decent gins and vodkas. All wines by the glass are covered, and all beers.

Remember, it also covers specialty (ie regular Australian) coffees (including liqueur coffees but they often use the horrible brewed coffee for those), speciality teas, soft drinks, freshly squeezed orange juice at breakfast, and bottled water.

It's the cheapest and best value drinks package in the Aussie cruise market at the moment.

Keagle's pricing is accurate but missed wine - that averages $8 per glass.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ