2017 Transatlantic to Caribbean - Q Vic

thames_side

Stuck with where to go in 2017. A while since we have been to the Caribbean. We live in UK and we don't fly. So Q Vic V727 is a possibility. But transatlantic (via the Azores) in November December doesn't sound so good. Also, unlike Q M 2 I don't think Victoria and Elizabeth have much good entertainment during the day. Anybody done this?

In January we left S'ton on QV to head for California. The weather at times was evil, but we did manage to berth in the Azores, although it is a place that can often be abandoned due to weather conditions. The ship handled well, although some did succumb to sickness, but we were fine. If you like sea days you will have no problem: we had some great lectures and never felt bored. Perhaps the only extras QM2 has, are the Planetarium and the small indoor pool on deck 12. The whole voyage was wonderful.

I would happily make this trip if not already in the USA on an extended vacation and sadly flying both ways!😟✈️

On what grounds do you think that the Daytime Entertainment/Activities On the Q.V/Q.E Are Inferior to the Q.M 2

I have not sailed on QM2 but I have not always been very interested in the lectures on Q Vic. My impression is that as QM2 is set up for many sea days on crossings more attention is paid to entertaining the passengers. Maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks for the encouragement LadyL1. Congratulations on your Ruby anniversary next year Cruiseluvva. It will be our 80th birthdays so, like you, we are looking for a celebration cruise. I don't think we can run to two though!

How wonderful. I would think the 24 night November one, especially as it takes the southern route, would be perfect - which is why we booked it. Much better weather, and tge talks are every bit as good.

Go for it. And have a wonderful birthday celebration.

Edited by cruiseluvva