Britannia Cookery School

Ardennais

Has anyone tried the Cookery School on Britannia? Any tips? It is worth the price?

It mentions on the website that the stations are set up for pairs. Does that mean that you actually work with someone else (one batch) or do you just share a station but have your own ingredients for separate batches?

One other thing, can you take your finished cakes back to your cabin afterwards?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Ardennais

Don't generally do much cooking and went along to accompany my DW who wanted to give it a go but was not up for pairing up with a stranger (you cook in pairs).

Thoroughly enjoyed it, great presentation, really entertaining as well as informative, and the end results were way more than edible. Make sure that you book early if you want to do it on a sea day. Also depending on what you are cooking you may wish to skip lunch first! Our James Martin dessert session produced a croissant based bread and butter pudding which weighed in at around 2600 calories a portion!!! It tasted amazing but needed a lot of laps of the deck and time on the exercise bike to work it off.

:)

I did the macaroon session - about half the participants came as a duo, the rest of us paired up. We made two flavours - made the mixtures together but then piped and filed one flavour each and split the result. Took me and my family the rest of the cruise (8 days) to eat them! G.