Independence Debarkation on April 14th

Used self-debarkation. We got in line at 7:20am and the end of the line was at the back of Studio B. We were loading into a cab at 8:20am. Indy was the only ship in port that day but we didn't dock at the nicer terminal used by Oasis/Allure. It was the same terminal from which we departed.

What were others' experience on debarkation day?

Also, what is the website that shows the schedule for what ships are at what piers? Thanks...

Edited by FSUNole

Used self-debarkation. We got in line at 7:20am and the end of the line was at the back of Studio B. We were loading into a cab at 8:20am. Indy was the only ship in port that day but we didn't dock at the nicer terminal used by Oasis/Allure. It was the same terminal from which we departed.

Also, what is the website that shows the schedule for what ships are at what piers? Thanks...

Here is the port schedule website:

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

On line at 8:30, off the ship and in car by 8:45...thanks Suite Conceirge Raj :P

I see we are leaving from dock 25 in FLL is that good or bad? We are coming back on the 28th with Freedom. Would we be assigned that same dock? "Looking for tips to get off easily.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

I see we are leaving from dock 25 in FLL is that good or bad? We are coming back on the 28th with Freedom. Would we be assigned that same dock? "Looking for tips to get off easily.

We tend to have slow disembarkation at terminal 25. I would get off the ship as early as possible because it can get slower as it gets later.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Its very strange you get off the ship and have to walk all along the side of the pier in a line, until you get to terminal then its a madhouse. We are thankful for Raj.

Its very strange you get off the ship and have to walk all along the side of the pier in a line, until you get to terminal then its a madhouse. We are thankful for Raj.

That has been our experience at terminal 25 at least a half-dozen times.

We were on that cruise also, but did regular debarkation. We got in line from the dining room on deck 4 shortly after 8:45, when our number was scheduled to be called. We waited in line for a little while, but got out bags and went through customs by 9:15, I didn't think it was bad at all. The only disappointment for us was having all the luggage you need to pack taking a 3 year old on board, and none of the porters were willing to help us.

One of the porters was explaining to us that the reason for the long outside line is that the baggage claim and customs area is actually terminals 22 & 24. The ship docks at terminal 25, but that building itself is only used for departing guests. Essentially, the ship has grown too big for just one terminal, hence the expansion into multiple terminals to accommodate disembarking guests.

Some others had a terrible disembarkation.

We did self debarkation (all our bags plus a car seat and 3yo). It took us almost an hour and a half. My husband has global entry but the toddler and I don't, so we waited. It didn't seem like global entry really got you past the lines until the very end anyways? I was thankful my kiddo did really well in line (lots of games of eye spy) but the kid in front of us did not fare so well...