Can You Cruise Thomson as an American

Hello,

I found an itinerary I like on Thomson. Being an American citizen can I cruise with Thomson? What would I have to do to do this?

Thanks in advance!

We have met several American citizens on our Thomson cruises.

If you are actually in the US rather than a US citizen living in the UK, like us (we live in Spain) you will have to book by email or phone as the website will not accept foreign addresses. The phone number for bookings from outside the UK is 00442034512688 and the email address (which we used to make a booking yesterday) is cruisedeals@thomson.co.uk

If you are living in the UK you can book in any Thomson travel agency.

Edited by campolady

We had an ongoing thread on this subject some months ago - and, if memory serves, one of the problematic issues raised was that Thomsons booking systems could not accept payments from cards not issued by UK banks.

I'm not sure if that was/is the case - but it may be something that needs clarified.

Just flagging this up for information.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

We had an ongoing thread on this subject some months ago - and, if memory serves, one of the problematic issues raised was that Thomsons booking systems could not accept payments from cards not issued by UK banks.

I'm not sure if that was/is the case - but it may be something that needs clarified.

Just flagging this up for information.

Ah yes, I think you are correct. Although we have booked from Spain we did use a UK bank debit card.

However the agent we booked with did say that they get bookings from all over the world so maybe there is someway round the problem - worth emailing to ask.

Sorry if my post was misleading.

Edited by campolady

Sorry if my post was misleading.

It wasn't in the slightest, so no apology needed.

If memory serves (again) was there not also a question mark over onboard payment of bar bill if the credit card wasn't UK issued ?

I think it might have been a Thomson TA staff member who focused the wanabee American customer on this potential difficulty ?

If our friend Ocean of Travels (in Maryland ?) is so inclined, I'll ask a reliable manager within Thomsons to advise on the nuts n' bolts of how to book.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

its totally different experience to what you are familiar with on US cruise lines.

Think day cruises to the Bahamas from Miami, and make it seven days.

Its nice, its very charming,very quaint, and its very reasonable.

Some would describe it as being cheap.

Having being on the old Emerald, many times, many years ago, I think its a great holiday for what you pay. So go on and enjoy it.