Solstice vs. Infinity

Zoedokey

Booking our first ever Alaska cruise (and first ever Celebrity) for June 2017. We are trying to decide between the Solstice out of Seattle or the Infinity out of Vancouver. Airfare will be the same.

The Solstice looks much nicer, but with a higher price tag.

Also wondering about the current promotion of getting your drinks/onboard credit included. How long do these promotions usually last for? The difference in cabin price for the classic vs premium seems drastic. Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

We are doing one on Solstice this summer and Infinity next summer. One thing I read about is that the Vancouver sailings are more true "inside passage" sailings than out of Seattle. So that may be something to consider. Infinity goes to Hubbard Glacier while Solstice goes to Tracy Arm and from what I have read Tracy Arm is not as much of a sight to see as Hubbard.

Edited by BigB0882

We love both of these ships but maybe the Infinity has a slight edge ... maybe not, though. The Infinity is much smaller and more intimate whereas the Solstice has a lot more of the WOW factor.

We love sailing out of both Seattle and Vancouver and think you will get the 'experience' from either sailing. We cruise up to Alaska every other year and have not been disappointed with any of them. We happen to love Tracy Arm as well as Hubbard Glacier ... the sailing up the fjord has incredible scenery.

We cruised on the Infinity once when it did the British Columbia inside passage. I don't know if that is the real term for this amazing passage but it sails between Vancouver Island and the mainland. I believe (and I could be wrong so no flaming please) that the Solstice might be too large to pass through. We were sailing back to Seattle on that cruise but if ever I could find an itinerary that included that cruising path, I would book it in a heartbeat.

We did the Infinity last September Seward to Vancouver. Very happy with inside passage, smaller ship, less passengers, & no open water. We spent as much time in each port as possible, therefore the ship was not our destination. Also had a great whale watching tour out of Icy Strait Point... Because we spend little time in our balcony room for this sailing, the ship was not as important. Also we enjoyed much of the Hubbard Glacier from our balcony & not fighting the crowds for a good viewing spot on the upper deck. We have sailed on Reflection (1) & Silhouette (2). Found the Infinity to meet or exceed all of our needs. The MDR food was good all week.

Happy Travels, John

Booking our first ever Alaska cruise (and first ever Celebrity) for June 2017. We are trying to decide between the Solstice out of Seattle or the Infinity out of Vancouver. Airfare will be the same.

The Solstice looks much nicer, but with a higher price tag.

Also wondering about the current promotion of getting your drinks/onboard credit included. How long do these promotions usually last for? The difference in cabin price for the classic vs premium seems drastic. Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

I am no seeing a free drinks promotion right now or am I missing something? edit...nevermind, I found it

Edited by SheriffJoe