Large windows on M class Oceanview cabins

midwestchick

I remember reading a review on here and someone had an Oceanview cabin that was larger and had a large window. I tried to do a search but had no luck. Does anyone know which cabins on M class have the larger windows and are possibly larger than regular rooms?

The ocean view cabins with the large windows are on deck 3, where the movie theater used to be, aft of the lobby area. They are the same size as other cabins. They are accessed through their own hallway that leads from the atrium to the aft elevator.

The ocean view cabins with the large windows are on deck 3, where the movie theater used to be, aft of the lobby area. They are the same size as other cabins. They are accessed through their own hallway that leads from the atrium to the aft elevator.

Thank you. But the review I read said the cabin was larger also.

3112 is slightly larger because of where the door is. The other cabins are a little larger than other ocean view cabins, I believe as well. We have been in 3112 several times on Summit and love the location! Here are a couple of pictures. The second one is taken from the area by the bathroom.

028.jpg.3ab5bcce0667272b3be5b871259734be.jpg

029.jpg.0f48013695e4d47354d5e5133dc96b55.jpg

3112 is slightly larger because of where the door is. The other cabins are a little larger than other ocean view cabins, I believe as well. We have been in 3112 several times on Summit and love the location! Here are a couple of pictures. The second one is taken from the area by the bathroom.

Thanks. That whole row of cabins are booked. I'll keep 7002 for now and see what kind of offer they have when we're onboard Equinox in a few weeks.

We love the forward OV cabins 7000, 7001, 7002 & 7003! They are really larger and have large forward facing Windows with deep window sills. Once we were in 7000 for 28 days (Connie) and last September was in 7000 on Infinity for 17 days. These rooms tend to be square rather than oblong. Sorry I don't have any photos.

We've never had a problem with rough seas but you are as far forward as you can get, with a long walk to the food venues. We never minded that as we need the exercise.

These are cat. 8 or 9 I think, making them the most expensive OVs. And they tend to book out early. Good luck getting one- they're great!

We love the forward OV cabins 7000, 7001, 7002 & 7003! They are really larger and have large forward facing Windows with deep window sills. Once we were in 7000 for 28 days (Connie) and last September was in 7000 on Infinity for 17 days. These rooms tend to be square rather than oblong. Sorry I don't have any photos.

We've never had a problem with rough seas but you are as far forward as you can get, with a long walk to the food venues. We never minded that as we need the exercise.

These are cat. 8 or 9 I think, making them the most expensive OVs. And they tend to book out early. Good luck getting one- they're great!

Once you've sailed with X, you do get a free upgrade to the next higher category.

Our last two cruises, we were way aft...got used to walking to the theatre. ;)

We are booked in these deck 3 OV cabins for our Alaska cruise on the Millie next month (May 2016): #3116 northbound, and then #3114 southbound. These cabins were installed back in the 2012 drydock, they are staterooms #3112-3144. As previously posted, the area used to be where the theater and a reading area was. They are located midship to aft (between the mid & aft elevators) on the starboard/right side of the ship. They have their own hallway, which keeps things very quiet. The windows in these OVs are 5 foot in diameter rather than a typical OV's 4 feet (look at photos on the outside right of the ship, you will see them quite plainly). Due to this there is no shelf in the window, but the larger size is preferable IMHO. The cabins are also 20-40sq ft larger than a normal OV (the first and last cabins being 40sq ft, due to the way the door opens into the hallway). These are category 6 cabins - which is odd considering they are so nice. I can only figure that the reason they are not Cat 5 or 4 is because they are on deck 3 rather than a higher deck, but the location is really superior: near elevators, dining, martini bar, grand foyer, guest relations, wine cellar, Tuscan grill (new after April 2016 drydock), cafe al bacio, rendevous lounge, shops, bistro on five, MDR...you get the idea. We turned down a free upgrade to a Cat 5 OV cabin on deck 6 to keep our #3114 cabin. No noise, spacious, larger, big window, convenient location, great cat 6 fare value - what's not to like!