Room set up with 3 yr old

Lem21

Hi

We have a balcony cabin on P&O Ventura.

My little one is 3 and there is no way she can sleep on the pull down.

Ideally we don't want to either so was hoping we could pull the mattress off as someone has suggested on another thread.

I asked P&O if I could do that and they said no for health and safety. Maybe silly for asking but is anyone going to stop us doing this.

We also asked if they could put the beds together as we won't be using pull down, again they said no it has to be used in that way.

Any suggestions would be welcomed,

We are taking her blow up bed just in case.

I've been told I can call and upgrade to superior or delux whatever it's called to get a sofa for her to sleep on, I assume this would be costly

The cruise line has to tell you things like you cant put a mattress on the deck. How many times have you been in bed when the steward just walks in? Draw your own conclusion.

Superior deluxe balcony are not always that much more expensive. They might do upsells near sailing date. You can also make a casual inquiry now.

Have you thought of some sort of heavy duty travel cot or are flights involved?

Regards John

Hi

We have a balcony cabin on P&O Ventura.

My little one is 3 and there is no way she can sleep on the pull down.

Ideally we don't want to either so was hoping we could pull the mattress off as someone has suggested on another thread.

I asked P&O if I could do that and they said no for health and safety. Maybe silly for asking but is anyone going to stop us doing this.

We also asked if they could put the beds together as we won't be using pull down, again they said no it has to be used in that way.

Any suggestions would be welcomed,

We are taking her blow up bed just in case.

I've been told I can call and upgrade to superior or delux whatever it's called to get a sofa for her to sleep on, I assume this would be costly

The problem is shore side have to quote elf and safety..I am not sure what elf and safety applies to putting the mattress on the floor.

Also as shoreside would assume the pull down would be used, the beds below can only be set up as singles.

Your best bet by far is ,take the blow up, get on board. Speak to your room steward explain to him what your preferred set up would be.

On board they are always more willing to help.

as regards the upgrade, unless p and o do the upgrade, or offer you an upsell, you will always be quoted the price difference at the time of booking.

Definately ask your steward to prepare the room as you would like it.

With a 4 year old we used the pullman, but had a double below.

Once the pullman is out there is nothing stopping you removing the mattress and putting it wherever you like!

As regards health & safely I would say it was safer to have a 3 year old on a mattress on the floor than on the bunk type bed. I know my daughter wouldn't let her 5 & 4 year olds sleep up there as they move around too much. Yes those beds as doubles could sleep three people easily.

As regards health & safely I would say it was safer to have a 3 year old on a mattress on the floor than on the bunk type bed. I know my daughter wouldn't let her 5 & 4 year olds sleep up there as they move around too much. Yes those beds as doubles could sleep three people easily.

But really small children shouldn't share a bed, plus the bed may move apart a little bit if someone is in the middle . Much better the mattress on the floor.

Room stewards are generally very helpful.

Shoreside have to give the elf and safety aspect so its not much good talking to them.

We have just booked Britannia for September and not keen on the Pullman we opted for a balcony with sofa - this will be pulled out for our toddler (2.5) We also have a baby who will be in the travel cot. Does the ship offer a cabin with pull out sofa?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have just booked Britannia for September and not keen on the Pullman we opted for a balcony with sofa - this will be pulled out for our toddler (2.5) We also have a baby who will be in the travel cot. Does the ship offer a cabin with pull out sofa?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am sorry , not sure what you mean..you say your toddler will be using the sofa ,that converts to a bed, but then ask if the ship has a cabin with a pull out sofa...sorry

I am sorry , not sure what you mean..you say your toddler will be using the sofa ,that converts to a bed, but then ask if the ship has a cabin with a pull out sofa...sorry

English lady....the OP is on Ventura, not Britannia.....so she is asking if Ventura has a balcony cabin with sofa loke they do on Britannia...;)

..and the answer is only in the superior deluxe cabins. So back to the original post!

Edited by Mysticalmother