Wheelchair tire covers

ZellaLamb

Has anyone had to use these? I am not even sure where to purchase them. I've been asked to cover my wheelchair wheels with special "slippers" before I enter a palace in St. Petersburg. I'll be using my Wheelchair88 chair (foldawheel) and the tires are 10" and 8".

Kate

Has anyone had to use these? I am not even sure where to purchase them. I've been asked to cover my wheelchair wheels with special "slippers" before I enter a palace in St. Petersburg. I'll be using my Wheelchair88 chair (foldawheel) and the tires are 10" and 8".

Kate

What Palace ? The covers are probably so the wheels don't scuff the floors. Have you contacted the Palace directly or the tour provider to inquire if the special slippers are provided upon arrival at the palace ?

Being that the wheels are 10" and 8" perhaps purchasing ex-large disposable hair nets such as those used in food service would do the trick. There's also such a thing as non-scuffing disposable shoe covers that may work even if you have to slit open the ends and double tape 2 together. Just a thought.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Sorry, don't know about wheel covers but am interested in how you like your wheelchair88 foldable chair. Can't really find many reviews online. How long have you had it and what do you like/dislike about the chair. Thank you for your comments in advance.

What Palace ? The covers are probably so the wheels don't scuff the floors. Have you contacted the Palace directly or the tour provider to inquire if the special slippers are provided upon arrival at the palace ?

Being that the wheels are 10" and 8" perhaps purchasing ex-large disposable hair nets such as those used in food service would do the trick. There's also such a thing as non-scuffing disposable shoe covers that may work even if you have to slit open the ends and double tape 2 together. Just a thought.

I like how you think! Catherines Palace ( I think ) the tour operator told me I would need them if I had black tires. (I do)

Kate

High C's, I like the chair and I don't like the chair. If you tell me how you will use it - such as whether it is your every day chair or if you are taking it on trips, I can answer your question better. Rather than fill up this thread, I'll try to write a full review of it on my one year anniversary of owning it on a different thread.

Kate

Thank you ZellaLamb, the chair would only be used for going out to eat and other recreational trips or travel. Not used for daily activities in the home.

Truly appreciate you taking the time to post your experience.

Interesting as it appears to be more a European thing as can't find a website is USA the sells these. However at 39 euros per pair it would cost OP $88.92 total for 2 pairs( a pair for 8" and one pair for the rear 10" wheels). IMO not worth it for a one time use.

Never even looked at where they were at! However, the first site has a "special" for two large and two small covers for 69 euro shipping included. Probably depends on how much OP wants to see the palace.

I wrote to those companies and they said that they can't help me. I will be asking the tour company for ideas but I really like XXOO's suggestions and will bring those materials with me. Maybe the palace will provide a chair to use while there.

Sorry, don't know about wheel covers but am interested in how you like your wheelchair88 foldable chair. Can't really find many reviews online. How long have you had it and what do you like/dislike about the chair. Thank you for your comments in advance.

I don't have a wheelchair88 but I do have an EZ Lite Cruizer and I believe they are similar. Mine folds and is light weight too. I just returned from a cruise in which I used it. It was the first time I used it on a cruise and I really enjoyed it. If you have any specific questions, you can contact me at mistshar@ymail.com.

Thank you ZellaLamb, the chair would only be used for going out to eat and other recreational trips or travel. Not used for daily activities in the home.

Truly appreciate you taking the time to post your experience.

Ok, I am now totally fed up with the chair and am trying to return it. I've had it for less than a year, using it only for travel. I've had to replace many things on it and last night the front wheel lost its bearings at the mall. I do not mean that it got lost! Grrrrr.