Pre-booking optional trips on Alaska Cruisetour

Phoenix cruiser

Celebrity tells me that one cannot book any of the optional excursions on the land portion of the Alska Cruisetour in Denali or Talkneeta until we get to the hotel in Fairbanks. For those who have been, is this correct? Any issue with getting the tour choices you wanted? We are on the Millenium this July.

That is correct. On the first night of the land portion, you have a "orientation" night. That's when they give you all the information, meeting times, transportation info and excursions that are available. For us, they had meeting places in the lounge, where you could book your excursions with the guide. Nothing sold out, so I wouldn't worry about that. The one thing that did surprise me, I was planning on using cash for our excursions, but we had to use a credit card. Considering the cost of the excursions, my credit card flagged a possible fraud alert. It was an easy phone call to assure them it was me using the card, but I could have avoided it by calling the credit card company first