our Dream planned excursion

Dizzneefan

We are sailing on the Dream on May 15th. It will be DS, his girlfriend, DW and I.

In looking over the possible excursions, we have narrowed in on:

Cozumel--12 Meter America's Cup Sailing

Mahogany Bay- Tabyana Beach Break

Belize-Xunantunich Mayan Ruins with lunch

Except for the Belize tour which is 7 hours, we will still have time to do other activities in each port, but DS wants to visit some ruins and this one had high ratings on the Carnival site.

Have any of you been on any of these and would you offer an opinion? or experience? I know the ruins requires a lot of climbing and DW does not know if she wants to do that, but she does not mind if the rest of us climb them, weather permitting.

I had so much fun on the Cozumel 12 Meter America's Cup excursion two years ago that I did it again last year. You can choose an easy job, a more strenuous job, or no job at all.

It's hard to describe but I think I would call the feeling as a combination of relaxing and exciting.

We are sailing on the Dream on May 15th. It will be DS, his girlfriend, DW and I.

Except for the Belize tour which is 7 hours, we will still have time to do other activities in each port, but DS wants to visit some ruins and this one had high ratings on the Carnival site.

Have any of you been on any of these and would you offer an opinion? or experience? I know the ruins requires a lot of climbing and DW does not know if she wants to do that, but she does not mind if the rest of us climb them, weather permitting.

Tabyana Beach Break is a Wonderful excursion!! If you take your own snorkeling equipment, there is the best snorkeling in the Caribbean(in my opinion) just offshore. Just walk in and snorkel to your hearts content. There are also rental places for equipment. Be sure to order a Monkey La La. You can only get one on Roatan and they are my very favorite drink😃

Tabyana Beach Break is a Wonderful excursion!! If you take your own snorkeling equipment, there is the best snorkeling in the Caribbean(in my opinion) just offshore. Just walk in and snorkel to your hearts content. There are also rental places for equipment. Be sure to order a Monkey La La. You can only get one on Roatan and they are my very favorite drink

We will carry our own equipment, probably, and I'm buying a GoPro Hero Session so I can "wear" the camera on my forehead and records the area. (not to mention the slides on the ship!)

In Cozumel, you can go to the MoneyBar and go snorkeling or any of th ebeach clubs and hang out. The San Gerevasio ruins on Cozumel are very small and not much climbing. But you have a better option in Belize. Climbing at Xunantunich is optional (except for the hill up to the ruins from the parking lot). No ruins on Roatan. Mayas didn't live there-native cultures in Honduras weren't big on cities and temples and for the most part did not live on the coast, but neither did the Mayas, for the most part.

If you're a sailor, you'll love the America's Cup excursion. It's not a leisurely sail along the coast.

Tabayana is primarily the name of the entire West Bay beach area of Roatan. Feel free to walk up and down and even hire a small boat to take you out snorkeling off shore or up at the less crowded reefs at west End. Try Beachers for their version of the MonkeyLaLa, but every bar along the beach has a slightly different version, different quantities and brands of the 4 alcohols and primarily different pina colada mixes

If you're a sailor, you'll love the America's Cup excursion. It's not a leisurely sail along the coast.

I'm not a sailor, living in a land locked area, but I thought this sounded fun and the others agree, so we're gonna give it a shot!

I highly recommend this one!!!!!

We did it when we went to Belize, (my son wanted to see the ruins) well worth the trip!!! We actually got to climb to the top.

We loved Tabyana Beach. We did this excursion with the ziplining in 2013. We are just doing the beach break in September. It will be my husband, son (6), and nephew (7).

BEAUTIFUL Beach!

We also did Xunantunich Mayan Ruins with lunch in 2013. It was wonderful!

Long drive but our tour guides were wonderful and talked the whole time. We stopped at a nice local restaurant on the way back. Let me see if I can find any pictures from Tabyana and Xunantunich.

Xunantunish Mayan Ruins - Belize

Belize_zpsbrxpuvm0.jpg

This was our lunch. It was delicious. You could either eat what was provided or order off the menu. The local beer was wonderful!

Belize%20Lunch_zpslj3nnddm.jpg

Edited by tcwoah

We also did Xunantunich Mayan Ruins with lunch in 2013. It was wonderful!

Long drive but our tour guides were wonderful and talked the whole time. We stopped at a nice local restaurant on the way back. Let me see if I can find any pictures from Tabyana and Xunantunich.

Xunantunich does require a lot of walking, but does not REQUIRE climbing. There is a guided climb up the largest pyramid that is the highlight of the tour but you are not required to participate in the climb. You can wonder around or sit in a covered waiting area. You can also partially climb in a couple of areas.

There is shopping at both but the souvenirs are slightly cheaper at the ruins than at lunch. Look for maps of Belize carved in slate and art created with butterfly wings pressed between glass and framed.

If you remember the way Coke used to taste, get a bottle at lunch. It's server in a glass bottle and is made with local cane sugar instead of corn syrup.