Educating Myself: Oceania Club Certificate

2552phxcrzr

I have seen references to the Oceania Club Certificate in some threads. Would someone be kind enough to explain what this is?

Thanks.

They are (were?) coupons which were mailed to recently disembarked Oceania passengers in North America, offering a small discount ($100pp) if a subsequent cruise was booked within the required time frame (90 days or so?).

With the more recent advent the Oceania repeaters club being christened the Oceania Club, I'm not sure if the old certificates are still being issued.

Edited by StanandJim

Thanks.

Reviewing my onboard bookings, I see they have club certificates applied; these bookings were done on our first O cruise last fall; never got any coupons or similar. I xfered one of those onboard bookings to another cruise, and I see the club certificate discount was dropped. Time to talk to my TA.

Edited by h2so4

Thanks.

Reviewing my onboard bookings, I see they have club certificates applied; these bookings were done on our first O cruise last fall; never got any coupons or similar. I xfered one of those onboard bookings to another cruise, and I see the club certificate discount was dropped. Time to talk to my TA.

To follow-up: What was described as a Club Certificate Discount on the onboard booking paperwork we received on the ship is described as Onboard Booking Savings on the xfered booking paperwork, so just a terminology change it seems.