Trundle Bed Question

Mutumbojimbo

Does anyone have the dimensions of the trundle beds? I did a search for this, but only found some vague references. We're sailing on the Triumph later this year and were moved from a room with an upper berth for my son, to one with a trundle. He'll be almost 13 and is about 5'5" now (of course at his age he might be 5'8" by the time we sail). I've contacted Carnival to ask if they could find us a room with an upper, even if we had to go down a category, but based on the fact that prices seem higher for this cruise every time I look, I believe that the ship must be pretty full.

Not exact measurements but

Slightly narrower and slightly shorter than a regular twin, when the extension is added.

Ask for a rollaway, they're regular twin size.

If you're in an IS or OV might want to keep the 'lowers' as twins. One under the window or far wall and the other along a side wall.

Edited by SadieN

We had one last year. It was lower to the ground and slightly smaller than the twin (for under the twin during the day). Girl slept on it was 5'7. She said it was comfortable, and just long enough. She said it was better than having to climb into a Pullman, and glad to not be 'up against' the ceiling.

Not exact measurements but

Slightly narrower and slightly shorter than a regular twin, when the extension is added.

Ask for a rollaway, they're regular twin size.

If you're in an IS or OV might want to keep the 'lowers' as twins. One under the window or far wall and the other along a side wall.

We had one last year. It was lower to the ground and slightly smaller than the twin (for under the twin during the day). Girl slept on it was 5'7. She said it was comfortable, and just long enough. She said it was better than having to climb into a Pullman, and glad to not be 'up against' the ceiling.

Thank you both. I really hope that they will find me a room with an upper, primarily due to the space issue, we're in an IS. I don't see all that many on the Triumph deck plans. I'm trying to see the big picture, but it is frustrating to book well in advance, then lose the room you picked. I know his ticket is not full price, but I also know that we purchased shore excursions that we would not have if our son was not coming with us.

We booked under a promotion in January. It was some version of Early Saver, with OBC and upgrades. I was able to select a cabin. I think the issue was that we're a party of 3 and the room has 2 upper berths, so could conceivably hold 4. I would have been glad to book a cabin with a single upper, but did not see one on the deck plan. Yesterday morning, I received an email from Inventory Management (CCL) that they had moved us to a different cabin on the same deck, but the third person only has a trundle bed.

As a post-script, shortly after my previous post on this thread I checked my booking and it had my original cabin number, then I checked my email, and Inventory Management had emailed me back to let me know they had moved us back. I contacted them yesterday and told them the reason that I was unhappy, and offered to move down up to 2 categories, if that would help. Currently, my story has a happy ending.

Specific stateroom assignments are not guaranteed. Carnival reserves the right to move Guests to a comparable stateroom for any reason, including but not limited to, instances in which the stateroom is booked with fewer than the maximum number of Guests the stateroom can accommodate; or when a partial Guest cancellation occurs and the remaining number of Guests do not match the maximum number of Guests the stateroom can accommodate.

I guess it was very nice of them to move me back!

Specific stateroom assignments are not guaranteed. Carnival reserves the right to move Guests to a comparable stateroom for any reason, including but not limited to, instances in which the stateroom is booked with fewer than the maximum number of Guests the stateroom can accommodate; or when a partial Guest cancellation occurs and the remaining number of Guests do not match the maximum number of Guests the stateroom can accommodate.

I guess it was very nice of them to move me back!

Yep, I want to move to a balcony on Lido deck on Vista (last balcony open on Lido deck), but it has an upper Pullman and we are only 2.

Won't take the chance of Carnival moving me to a crappy cabin location to get 3 in that cabin.

If the bed is the same as the pull out couch that they have in the Ov room, they will be perfect for him. My sil is 6 feet tall and has always slept on that sofa bed. She has shared a room with her parents and they have had the king bed made from 2 twin beds. My son who is 12 also uses the sofa bed in our room with same situation. This was a lot better than the beds that come out of the ceiling, she cannot sleep comfortably on that, she does not feel secure in those.