Sun Princess- International Cafe?

Chris86

Hello. I have just reserved a Papua New Guniea cruise. I have two questions which you may be able to assist. We are platinum and noticed we receive a free upgrade prior to sailing where possible. So we booked the highest grade interior room. I assume most often than not everyone receives an upgrade and this will mean an ocean view for us. We are booked on Sun Princess. I recall she had the international café introduced and this was reflected on the plaza deck plans. However her new plans have this omitted however sill listed on the public spaces list. I would just like to confirm this has survived her latest refit. I would assume it is still there. Thanks for your help

I saw an article about the refit the other day, and it mentioned another cafe which wasn't there when I was on the Sun earlier this month. I wondered if the IC has been renamed.

The first people to travel on the Sun since the refit are still at sea for another week or so, and so far I haven't seen anyone posting live so you may not get your firm answer straight away.

Edited by clairebearinaus

Hello. I have just reserved a Papua New Guniea cruise. I have two questions which you may be able to assist. We are platinum and noticed we receive a free upgrade prior to sailing where possible. So we booked the highest grade interior room. I assume most often than not everyone receives an upgrade and this will mean an ocean view for us. We are booked on Sun Princess. I recall she had the international café introduced and this was reflected on the plaza deck plans. However her new plans have this omitted however sill listed on the public spaces list. I would just like to confirm this has survived her latest refit. I would assume it is still there. Thanks for your help

Sun Princess is now en route to Fremantle after her 2 week refit. She had new luxury beds and bedding and the Curtis Stone 'Share' added, among routine maintenance. Yes there was an IC installed in 2013, as well as Kai Sushi (for the Japanese market) and a NZ ice cream + coffee station. I believe the ice cream is no longer free, but a few dollar for the delicious NZ variety would be worth it.

I was also hoping someone would touch base with us re the latest changes.

We sail on the Sun next month :D.

I found the article I was referring to, it's from another cruise website. Here's the excerpt which confused me, it refers to the Amuleto Cafe which definitely wasn't there before the refit. I wondered if they've rebranded the IC:

Further dining improvements made to the ship include the transformation of the Kai Sushi Restaurant into the Kai Seafood Bar, complete with a new menu and sampling menu. Guests can participate in a wine and seafood tasting experience which includes Australian oysters, prawns, sashimi and shellfish, paired with matching wines and champagnes. Elsewhere, a new coffee and cakes menu has been rolled out at the Amuleto Café, while the Pool Deck has been fitted with a New Zealand Natural Ice Cream parlour.

The article was posted on a cruise Facebook page, I'll reply and ask about it.

We used to go to the Amuletto Cafe on Dawn Princess. It is in the Horizon Court in the area where all the tables are and we would go late at night after the shows and have coffee or tea with a pastry before bed.

I have tried to insert the photo but can't seem to get it to work but here is the link.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/greynomad2/DSC01306_zpsvhikdkid.jpg

I note the comment that the Kai Sushi restaurant has undergone a transformation. Good. It didn't work as a sushi bar. Most times there was no-one there except the staff, but a few times we saw a few of the ship's officers dining there. I hope the new format works well. :)

P.S. I tried to 'quote' Clairebareinaus, but the 'quote' didn't work.

Edited by Aus Traveller

We used to go to the Amuletto Cafe on Dawn Princess. It is in the Horizon Court in the area where all the tables are and we would go late at night after the shows and have coffee or tea with a pastry before bed.

I have tried to insert the photo but can't seem to get it to work but here is the link.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/greynomad2/DSC01306_zpsvhikdkid.jpg

Hi Grey Nomad

Just read your post and looked at the pic , the Amuletto café looks great but if they have added this to the Sun does this mean the IC has been removed ?

Thanks Cheryl

Looking at the photos of the Amuletto café you can see some high windows/skylights. I am pretty sure the Amuletto cafe is just a name for the section of the Horizon Court (deck 14) that extends across the ship from one buffet line to the other. At breakfast there are pastries, toast and waffles. During the day there are a couple of hot dishes (quiche, pies) and pastries (as in the photo) and in the evening there are scrumptious desserts. :)

Opposite the cases with the pastries etc. there are four (from memory it is four) sets of coffee/hot water dispensers and also cold water/ice dispensers.

The International Cafe is on deck 5 in the atrium.

Edited by Aus Traveller