Current Captain on Azura

Jollysailor93

Think we are on the same cruise as you next week! Neil Turnbull is also one of our favourite captains but looking at the recent edition of P & O Peninsular Club Moments magazine it is due to be Capt Robert Camby. A new one for us but a lovely article about him in the magazine with very positive comments.

Here's hoping for sunshine and kind seas for our visits to St Peter Port and Amsterdam. On New Year's Eve we got into Amsterdam on Queen Victoria but sadly Ventura did not.

We had Captain Robert Camby on Azura last month. Nice chap, at 6pm every day, he gave a thought for the day in his daily report. Looks very young. He had a question and answer chat in the theatre. Very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had Captain Robert Camby on Azura last month. Nice chap, at 6pm every day, he gave a thought for the day in his daily report. Looks very young. He had a question and answer chat in the theatre. Very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We also went to his Q&A in the theatre.Some of his stories about the pilot guys docking his ship were very funny

and who would have thought his other career choice was to be an undertaker :eek:

He is a very approachable and when out and about will say hello.

I have a link (red) in my signature below which has a few of his "Thought of the day" comments .:)

Quick question? Ive looked on the p&o website but can only find two possible captains on azura. We are sailing Monday and i am hoping its Neil Turnbull. Does anyone know who it is at present? Sorry if this seems a sad question...

It was also Robet Camby on my cruise the beginning of this month.

Edited by Port&starboard

We were on the Azura at New Year and Robert was also the Captain.

He is absolutely fantastic. He was always accessible. You always seen him around. He is newly married and his wife was onboard as well.

He married our friends and he was so lovely, made plenty time for them, even though there were a lot of weddings taking place over the period of the cruise.

At New Year he was up on stage joining in with all the entertainment.

He is also ladies, very easy on the eye. Made for some nice wedding pics! :D:cool:

You will love him.

Another vote for Robert Camby here too. We were on Azura in the Med last Aug and he was great. His thoughts of the day are very funny and as people have said he is very accessible around the ship and joins in with a lot of the activities. I thought there was a very friendly atmosphere on Azura compared to Ventura and maybe he contributes to that. Hope he is on next week when we go to the fjords.