Cancelling cruise question

Drobles83

Getting divorced and understand I lose deposit money of $600 if I cancel cruise. The balance can only be used for future cruise within 2 years. Can I try to sell the cruise entirely and change both persons to new cruisers or does at least one of the original person going have to go and only one of the two can be changed? Any ideas out there to help in making decision?

Thank you in advance

If you booked an early saver fare (likely because you seem to know deposit is non-refundable) there are other restrictions - No name changes

If your deposit was $600, you will lose the entire deposit. If you made payments beyond the deposit and haven't reached final payment date, that money will be held for 2 years by Carnival.

Of course, you can always call Carnival and try and make a name change - likely not, but sometimes they do break their own rules.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/GOCCL/Files/ResourceCenter/Programs/Early_Saver_overview.pdf

Edited by lizardhowson

Can you fill us in with a few more facts? Why is the deposit $600, kind of an odd number. Is the cruise paid in full? When is or was final due date? When is the cruise?

For an 8-day cruise the deposit would be $300 per person.

OP, you will only lose 2 x $50 and the rest will go into a future cruise credit (to be used within 2 years) for the person who paid for the deposit.

For an 8-day cruise the deposit would be $300 per person.

OP, you will only lose 2 x $50 and the rest will go into a future cruise credit (to be used within 2 years) for the person who paid for the deposit.

^^^Correct. We had to cancel a cruise that was ES before final payment and only lost $50 pp, the rest was applied to another cruise we had booked.

The cruise is payed for. The last day to have paid for cruise is June 20th. The cruise is Sept 4th. The reason it's 600 is because I had to reschedule the cruise once n a fee of 100 was charged.

Can I sell the cruuse before payoff date n change both cruisers including me n wife, soon to be ex?

It definitely sounds like you are booked with the Early Saver rate. No name changes are allowed, so you cannot "sell" your cruise to 2 other people. You cannot change 1 name either. The $100 fee for rescheduling your cruise is totally lost money, so it's actually a $500 deposit. To cancel now will incur another fee of $100 ($50 per person). The remaining $400 will be held for a future cruise, which needs to be taken within a certain amount of time. It will be applied to the final payment of that future cruise; cannot be used for the deposit.

It definitely sounds like you are booked with the Early Saver rate. No name changes are allowed, so you cannot "sell" your cruise to 2 other people. You cannot change 1 name either. The $100 fee for rescheduling your cruise is totally lost money, so it's actually a $500 deposit. To cancel now will incur another fee of $100 ($50 per person). The remaining $400 will be held for a future cruise, which needs to be taken within a certain amount of time. It will be applied to the final payment of that future cruise; cannot be used for the deposit.

As for the rest of the money (he said the cruise was all paid for) does that money get refunded?