Question.

megsmomma11

We are currently booked for the dream in August. We have three people in a balcony room. I currently have a friend who would like to go with us. And would like to split it up to two people in each room. It is late and I no one at carnival is in. So just asking opinions here. She will have to book after the deposit is due, because of saving up the money. How is it going to work with carnivals booking. Would they be able to split us up and put two people in rooms without us losing everything that we have already paid (750 deposit). And put the third person from our room in the second room. And we booked early saver. Thank you.

It is late and I no one at carnival is in.

The 3rd person in your cabin can be taken out and booked as the 2nd in another cabin and the money paid as the 3rd can be transferred. But that 3rd is most likely in your triple cabin at a reduced fare.

Say for example you are in a Category 8D Balcony: $899 $899 $399

Then the 4th person books a 2nd balcony cabin at today's rate of say $969

The 4th person will pay $969 and the other will pay $969 minus the $399 they were charged as the 3rd.

Since it's August, passengers #1 and #2 in the original Triple occupancy Category 8D balcony cabin will be moved to a Double occupancy cabin. As long as there are still 8D's remaining, there will be no increase in your $899 fare.

However, if 8D's are sold out and you need to be moved to a higher category (8E 8F 8G) to accommodate 2 in a balcony, you and passenger #2 will be charged today's current rate for the higher category and will have to pay that difference.

If 8D's are sold out and you need to be moved to a lower category (8A 8B 8C) to accommodate 2 in a balcony, you and passenger #2 will be charged today's current rate for the lower category (plus a $50 per person penalty if booked Early Saver...$0 if not Early Saver) and will have to pay that difference.

Carnival's call center is staffed 24/7 so to say no one is in is not true.

Edited by AdGuyMG
punctuation

Excellent answer above. But short answer, call Carnival and ask them. They are the only ones who will give you the correct answer with all the facts (costs).

They do answer 24/7. 800-764-7419 and have your booking number ready.

. She will have to book after the deposit is due, because of saving up the money.

? Deposit is due at booking if you are booked thru Carnival. IF you booked thru a TA you will have to work things out with them as Carnival will not talk to you.

Final payment is due 75 days before sail date. You are not that far away from final payment. I know you didn't ask but I have read so many posts regarding friends trying to accommodate others at the last minute and end up not being friends. Know all the ramifications for any changes you might make.

Edited by springs741