Another fishing question

brian310

I know there have been many fishing questions over the years.. perhaps you will have patience with one more?

My eight year old daughter and I will be on Ruby Princess and in Ketchikan in mid-June. We want to use our excursion time fishing.

Her priorities are to be in a bigger boat than a skiff, but also have her own rod. She has river fished walleye with me and done well, so I'm not concerned about her getting bored. I would like an excursion staffed by a friendly captain however.

I have read many old threads and made a few calls, but can't quite put my finger on what I want to do.

Anyone offer some advice?

Thanks..

Last August, we used Ketchikan Fishing Charters. Everything went so smoothly, from booking, to meeting up, to catching! Our Captain was Captain Dan. There were 6 of us, so we had the whole boat, and took a 1/2 day Salmon Fishing trip. He arranged to have our Salmon cleaned, freeze packed and sent home for us. We ended up with about 9 or 10 really nice Salmon and a couple of Cod. He felt they should have been biting better, but I'm not sure we could have afforded to process & send too much more home!!