Self Assist Debarkation in Seattle

bluerodeo

I'm looking at flights for my upcoming Alaskan cruise in August. I have two flight options, a 10 AM and a 2:15 PM. The 10 AM is preferred because we have a 4 hour drive home after landing and the 2:15 PM flight would mean we wouldn't get home until close to midnight.

I'm considering the Self Assist Debarkation. Do you think we can make the 10 AM flight in time if we went with this option?

I'm looking at flights for my upcoming Alaskan cruise in August. I have two flight options, a 10 AM and a 2:15 PM. The 10 AM is preferred because we have a 4 hour drive home after landing and the 2:15 PM flight would mean we wouldn't get home until close to midnight.

I'm considering the Self Assist Debarkation. Do you think we can make the 10 AM flight in time if we went with this option?

hi there

Anything is possible, but there would be a good possibility that you would miss your flight.

With that in mind think of the convenience if you were able to catch the early flight compared to the inconvenience if you were to miss it. While I don't really know the odds, I would guess it's a toss up at best.

Consider trying to see something of Seattle in the morning, or better still stay the day and leave the following morning.

Welcome to cruise critic

have a great cruise and

get home safe

I realize you don't want to get home as late as midnight, but I think the earlier flight is just too risky. The airport is about 45 mins. away from the cruise terminals and TSA security at SEATAC is very crowded during cruise season I've heard. Even if I got home late, I'd go with the later flight to avoid the stress of worrying about catching such an early flight. JMHO.

Thanks for everyone's opinion. I think we're going to save the stress and go with the later flight. I've read about some long security lines at Sea-Tac that could really slow us down.

That makes sense. You'd probably worry your whole cruise about it. AND the pier is a pretty good ride to the airport.