Balcony cabin for 4!

TULIP9

:eek: We have been allocated a cabin on Emerald on RIVIERA deck. It is a standard balcony cabin that apparently can take 4 persons. I am therefore puzzled as to how the 2 extra guests might be accomodated in such a small cabin.

The 2 normal beds are aligned on the axis of the ship, I assume? Therefore if the other 2 beds are Pullman or pull down bunks, how are they aligned?One assumes they must be aligned at right angles to standard beds, which means they could be over the heads or/and feet of the normal bed occupants. Very puzzling and dangerous? Perhaps I have got this totally wrong, but I would appreciate other peoples explanations of these cabins.

Is it possible that some other elements of the furniture is sacrificed to accomodate these extra beds?

There are only two of us, so I am not worried more than usual about the bathroom facilities . It is the layout and effect the bed facilities might have on the cabin and its possible lack of space and obstructions, compared with the normal standard balcony cabins

:eek: We have been allocated a cabin on Emerald on RIVIERA deck. It is a standard balcony cabin that apparently can take 4 persons. I am therefore puzzled as to how the 2 extra guests might be accomodated in such a small cabin.

The 2 normal beds are aligned on the axis of the ship, I assume? Therefore if the other 2 beds are Pullman or pull down bunks, how are they aligned?One assumes they must be aligned at right angles to standard beds, which means they could be over the heads or/and feet of the normal bed occupants. Very puzzling and dangerous? Perhaps I have got this totally wrong, but I would appreciate other peoples explanations of these cabins.

Is it possible that some other elements of the furniture is sacrificed to accomodate these extra beds?

The queen bed is separated into the twin configuration with nightstand in between. One twin bed is moved to a location against the closet wall, the other is next to the desk. Two bunk beds pull down from the ceiling one over each twin bed and the access ladders are between the two twin beds.

Bathroom use becomes sort of an issue with 4 in the cabin. Some use the shower facilities in the fitness center to ease the cabin congestion. If you decide to go this route you will need some sort of bag to transport clothes and towels.

Edited by sknight

There are only two of us, so I am not worried more than usual about the bathroom facilities . It is the layout and effect the bed facilities might have on the cabin and its possible lack of space and obstructions, compared with the normal standard balcony cabins

Didn't see this. If only two the layout will be the same as any other balcony cabin. Check the deck plans 5 balcony cabins on the Riviera deck are connecting cabins.

Thanks to all for useful info. Explains how extra beds are4 accomodated! Glad there is only two of us! Hope the roof beds are really secure and don't fall on us as they look quite bulky. Hope they don't obstruct the air con. or rattle(light sleeper) Perhap[s because they are buky they may provide some insulation from the possible noise from the Lido deck above. Also hope there are no kids in adjacent cabins as they are similar I suppose this is one of the problems of booking a guaranteed option- live and learn.