Anthem Grand Balcony Suite?

I'm currently booked in an anthem sky class grand balcony suite room 12246. I booked this cabin because the description says "These large suites offer two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a living area with a sofa bed. The image above is an approximation of this stateroom. Actual features may vary."

I tried to look on youtube for some videos of the room but the grand balcony suites I'm seeing don't appear to have 2 bedrooms or 2 bathrooms. So just looking for clarity from the cruise critic crew. Does this room have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms? I currently have me, my partner, & our 2 kids booked in this room. If this room doesn't have it, I need to look at other options because we need our space. :D

I'm currently booked in an anthem sky class grand balcony suite room 12246. I booked this cabin because the description says "These large suites offer two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a living area with a sofa bed. The image above is an approximation of this stateroom. Actual features may vary."

I tried to look on youtube for some videos of the room but the grand balcony suites I'm seeing don't appear to have 2 bedrooms or 2 bathrooms. So just looking for clarity from the cruise critic crew. Does this room have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms? I currently have me, my partner, & our 2 kids booked in this room. If this room doesn't have it, I need to look at other options because we need our space. :D

Cabin 12246 is a Superior Grand Suite. There is only one bathroom. There is no separate bedroom, but the sleeping area is separated from the sitting area by a wall and a curtain. What is nice is that the bathroom has two entrances, one from the sitting area and one from the sleeping area.

Eileen

Oh man thanks for telling me. Yeah that's not going to work. Sigh.

The kids would be on the sofabed in the sitting area, so they WOULD be sleeping separately from you. Would that not work?

If not, just get two connecting balcony cabins. :) You can open or close the connecting door whenever you want.

The kids would be on the sofabed in the sitting area, so they WOULD be sleeping separately from you. Would that not work?

If not, just get two connecting balcony cabins. :) You can open or close the connecting door whenever you want.

No the sofabed wouldn't work. I think the royal family suite based on the youtube videos is what I'm looking for.

The description for the grand suite on Anthem states 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms so that's what threw me off. Royal should really update it to say twin beds convertible to king, sofa bed and 2 access points to bathroom:rolleyes:

Cabin 12246 is a Superior Grand Suite. There is only one bathroom. There is no separate bedroom, but the sleeping area is separated from the sitting area by a wall and a curtain. What is nice is that the bathroom has two entrances, one from the sitting area and one from the sleeping area.

Eileen

Oops! I meant to say that 12246 is a regular Grand Suite. We stayed in a Superior Grand Suite. Both cabin categories are the same size inside. The difference between them is the balcony. The Superior Grand Suite has a wrap-around balcony.

The one thing I did notice about the Superior Grand Suites on the Anthem - they don't appear to have the extra porthole window.

Eileen

No the sofabed wouldn't work. I think the royal family suite based on the youtube videos is what I'm looking for.

The description for the grand suite on Anthem states 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms so that's what threw me off. Royal should really update it to say twin beds convertible to king, sofa bed and 2 access points to bathroom:rolleyes:

I do not see that description for a Grand Suite at all. Where do you see it?

The RFS requires a minimum number of guests for booking, unless it goes unbooked until closer to sail date. Then they sometimes allow a smaller number of guests to book it.

Are two connecting cabins not a possibility?

Have you looked at the connecting ("Family") Junior Suite and Balcony cabin? There is also an interior there, but you are not required to book all three.

What is the date of your cruise?

I do not see that description for a Grand Suite at all. Where do you see it?

Carol, we ran into the same description issue at the weekend. If you do a mock booking (March 2017 works) when you select grand suite it states it has 2 beds 2 baths.

Edited by Spurschick

Carol, we ran into the same description issue at the weekend. If you do a mock booking (March 2017 works) when you select grand suite it states it has 2 beds 2 baths.

I'm going to go look again, because that is NOT the description that is on the page with the deck plans on the website.

Odd.

(but given that this is RC's crack IT team we are talking about, probably not shocking)

OMG, it *DOES* say that!

Holy carp!

Total nonsense!

:

Just like Harmony aqua suite is showing as 1 bed and a 2 bed and is bookable as both star class and sky class for the exact same cabin on the exact same sailing. Oh and don't forget the enchantment for next March that when you select date to book defaults you to a cruise November:rolleyes:

One day they might fix their site:)

Edited by Spurschick

Just like Harmony aqua suite is showing as 1 bed and a 2 bed and is bookable as both star class and sky class for the exact same cabin on the exact same sailing. Oh and don't forget the enchantment for next March that when you select date to book defaults you to a cruise November:rolleyes:

One day they might fix their site:)

We should have a betting pool on that date.

I pick the 12th of Never.

OMG, it *DOES* say that!

Holy carp!

Total nonsense!

:eek:

Yup that's what messed me up. I wanted the suite for the suite benefits but if I get 2 rooms, I'm not getting 2 suites. I would prefer connecting. I think I read the royal family suite requires a minimum of 5. That stinks. Boo

This would be for the July 29, 2017 sailing. We're currently paying around $9500 for 4 of us in the grand suite.

Anthem GS 12246 and 12646 definitely is a 1 bedroom suite. I took pictures a few weeks ago of 12246 since we have one of them booked for an upcoming sailing :D balcony is huge, can easily fit 20-30 people.

Yeah I will be sad to give up the balcony but having another bedroom and bathroom is more important. So if we can't get the royal family suite, it looks like 2 connecting rooms for us.