How far in advance to email the Maître D?

supercanadian

We previously had Your Time Dining, but lost our seating assignment when our agent re-booked an upgrade. We got stuck with Late dining. With a 7 yr old whose bedtime is 7:30 EST, 9:00 CST definitely won't work for us. That would feel like 10PM for us!

We're 20 days out from our sail date. When is the best time to email the Maître D to request a change? Or is it better to ask in person once we get on board?

I don't cruise til June and I already emailed our maitre d. He was very nice and accommodating. Somehow our PVP didn't link my reservation with my parents reservation even though I have control of both cabins. My parents have one of my daughters in their room. We were wait listed for YTD and then I noticed I was confirmed for YTD after a few days. My parents and one daughter were still wait listed. Hmmm...I would like to eat with my other kid and parents. I told him if our predicament and he handled it. Better to have peace of mind now then later.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your responses! I just sent an email so I will keep my fingers crossed. We originally had 5 people booked in one room , then decided to upgrade to a cove balcony for my husband, myself and my daughter, with an interior for our 2 teenagers. In doing this, our agent lost our original dining, and we were told by our TA that we'd have to ask the Maître D once we got on board. It's only through reading the board posts here that I found out that emailing was even possible. So thankful for your responses and all the kind people on the board that post and respond with great info . 😋

We are cruising in June on the Legend with my parents and my brother (9 of us total). My parents got early dining, but the rest of us are all wait listed. My parents just got back from the Sunshine 2 weeks ago and they hated the late dining. It's nearly a deal breaker for them. I'm afraid they are going to suggest we all go on late if we want to be together. How do we email the maitre di? I don't know that he/she would even consider putting us together, but I'd love to try. I do have kids but they aren't teeny (youngest is 14). Parents are platinum and we are 8 days from it! Our carnival rep seemed to think we could get something done as soon as we get on board but I'd love to take care of it in advance. How do we find the appropriate email for Legend? Thanks so much!

Thanks for your responses! I just sent an email so I will keep my fingers crossed. We originally had 5 people booked in one room , then decided to upgrade to a cove balcony for my husband, myself and my daughter, with an interior for our 2 teenagers. In doing this, our agent lost our original dining, and we were told by our TA that we'd have to ask the Maître D once we got on board. It's only through reading the board posts here that I found out that emailing was even possible. So thankful for your responses and all the kind people on the board that post and respond with great info . [emoji39]

That's what my PVP told me. I really didn't want to wait until we were on board either. I don't want to spend time standing in line at the dining room when I could be enjoying my first day of my cruise not to mention how many other requests that could be in front of me if I waited til then.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How would that address work with the Fascination since the Fantasy also has the same first letters?

Hope this helps anyone that needs it and I got this from another post. Didn't know how to do all that fancy stuff. Hahaha

Carnival Maitred emails :

Its the two letter ship code then maitred@carnival.com

Maitre d' - xxmaitred@carnival.com

Steakhouse - xxsteakhouse@carnival.com (for ships with a steakhouse)

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

PR Pride

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

SH Sunshine

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

VS Vista

Give the Maitre's a few days then begin Checking your reservation on the Carnival website to look for the requested changes. The Maitre'd doesn't always answer the emails - they make the change and go on with their business.

Some do reply but not all of them. I've emailed in the past and everything was fixed in spite of no reply. :-)

Give the Maitre's a few days then begin Checking your reservation on the Carnival website to look for the requested changes. The Maitre'd doesn't always answer the emails - they make the change and go on with their business.

Some do reply but not all of them. I've emailed in the past and everything was fixed in spite of no reply. :-)

Awesome! Thanks summersigh. I'm sure the Maitre'd is super busy, so it's great to know that everything might be fixed on their end without getting a response back.

If I am lucky enough to have my dining time adjusted, will I see it on my booking on Carnival's website or will I just have to wait and see when we're on board?

HI, I just tried emailing the matre'd on the Magic I used mamaitred@carnival.com . It came back saying not found at carnival.com. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MC Magic

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

PR Pride

SE Sensation

SL Splendor

SP Spirit

SH Sunshine

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

VS Vista

In December (NYE cruise), by mistake we booked anytime and my brother booked late. We tried to change both to either one, but nobody could do it and told us to see the dining room staff once we got on board.

First upon boarding we went to the dining room and still no luck. However, it was suggested we just all show up at late and they would find a table for us, which we did and they did.

However, between Chef's Table and specialty restaurants we only had to do it twice.

We are cruising in June on the Legend with my parents and my brother (9 of us total). My parents got early dining, but the rest of us are all wait listed. My parents just got back from the Sunshine 2 weeks ago and they hated the late dining. It's nearly a deal breaker for them. I'm afraid they are going to suggest we all go on late if we want to be together. How do we email the maitre di? I don't know that he/she would even consider putting us together, but I'd love to try. I do have kids but they aren't teeny (youngest is 14). Parents are platinum and we are 8 days from it! Our carnival rep seemed to think we could get something done as soon as we get on board but I'd love to take care of it in advance. How do we find the appropriate email for Legend? Thanks so much!

We sail in July on Legend, the maitre'd will change before cruises in summer.

I would wait until first Alaska cruise starts in May before inquiring. I tried emailing and found this information out for Legend.

It's funny I found this thread because I just emailed out pvp and she said I couldn't email the maitred. So thanks!

It is really not supposed to be public knowledge, but the information used to be easily accessible from the GoCCL site, and the people here just ran with it.

Over on John Heald, I have seen him state on multiple occasions that the maitre d' is under no obligation to address or even reply to an email request and that all requests should be made the first day on board.