Turkish Ports

Techno123

If I may, Seabourn likely will not do anything to make up for the loss of the Evening at Ephesus. We were promised a "unique" Athens experience on an October 2016 voyage, to make up for it. Had the added misfortune of having booked a 14 day cruise - which is now essentially two runs of the 7 day itinerary with repeat port calls at Limassol (?!) and Rhodes plus two idle sea days instead of 13 different ports in 14 days. The "unique" experience in Athens (where we now depart after two days pre-cruise, call at in the middle, and return to again on the end) turns out to be the exactly same excursions Seabourn has been offering for months. How many times must we see the Acropolis? And what does one do in Limassol - a port we weren't going to visit once on the original itinerary, have no desire to visit at all, and now must visit twice in two weeks? No reduction in fares, no refund; no ability to cancel without penalty. I respectfully suggest that what Seabourn thought about first was how to keep our money and minimize its costs.

With only a week to go we've received another email tonight with our third and hopefully last itinerary change. Limassol (not in the original itinerary) now changed to Paphos. Megisti instead of the sea day that was added in the last change and Patmos still there on day 2 from the last round of changes. Are you keeping up....? I'm not sure I am! Two more ports to research and packing list planned for tomorrow. Looking forward to our magical mystery tour:)

With only a week to go we've received another email tonight with our third and hopefully last itinerary change. Limassol (not in the original itinerary) now changed to Paphos. Megisti instead of the sea day that was added in the last change and Patmos still there on day 2 from the last round of changes. Are you keeping up....? I'm not sure I am! Two more ports to research and packing list planned for tomorrow. Looking forward to our magical mystery tour:)

They changed to Paphos after the first week going to Limassol, I think the complaining got to them. We found out on board.

The sea day was fun - then again we quite like sea days - but a lot of other people seemed to enjoy a day by the pool and whatever activities the crew put on .. and the spa was booked solid, so whoever runs the spa was happy.

Enjoy the cruise, wherever you go, we loved ours and all the ports we went to.

They changed to Paphos after the first week going to Limassol, I think the complaining got to them. We found out on board.

The sea day was fun - then again we quite like sea days - but a lot of other people seemed to enjoy a day by the pool and whatever activities the crew put on .. and the spa was booked solid, so whoever runs the spa was happy.

Enjoy the cruise, wherever you go, we loved ours and all the ports we went to.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I am sure Paphos is more interesting than Limmosol..

Got the same changes Friday afternoon 8/19. Hopefully the last revisions. Somewhat better than the prior "two days in Limassol and two days at sea" version but still not what we had booked. Shore excursions again in chaos. Curious that Seabourn justified the prior change with, to paraphrase, "We can't just change ports at the last minute; we have to take whatever we can get." The current revision presumably could have been implemented weeks ago. Seabourn said the latest itinerary changes were a response to comments from passengers - I certainly "commented" at length. Great ships, great service, great food - management needs to get on board. We anticipate a wonderful voyage, wherever it is we finally go.