Question - Sold Out Cruise?

Savaann

I am sailing out of NY on the Gem May 14-21, 2016. I've been regularly checking availability for an upgrade/upsell and there were plenty of cabins available. Then as of yesterday, it shows no availability for any cabin. I've never seen this happen before so I don't understand what it could mean. Is it possible that a group purchased all of the empty rooms? Should I still hold onto my upsell dream? Thanks for any insight you can offer! Sylvia

Computer glitch, the most likely explanation - have you recheck this morning ?

Looked to me, plenty of upgrade available - might be worth waiting a bit longer as price drops further as it get closer to the sail date

I am seeing some available. 4 2bed haven rooms...only Havens available. I also checked minis and I see 5 minisuites.

If you are checking with 4 in a room that may be the issue. If your sailing is very full with quads they do reach a point when they will no longer book 4 in a room because of life boat space. They can only have say 400 people in a section and it doesn't matter if its 100 rooms booked with 4 in each or 200 rooms all with 2 in each room.

I am seeing some available. 4 2bed haven rooms...only Havens available. I also checked minis and I see 5 minisuites.

If you are checking with 4 in a room that may be the issue. If your sailing is very full with quads they do reach a point when they will no longer book 4 in a room because of life boat space. They can only have say 400 people in a section and it doesn't matter if its 100 rooms booked with 4 in each or 200 rooms all with 2 in each room.

Thanks Jenjer! We are traveling as a family of 4 so that seems to be the issue! Thank you!!

If you haven't done so yet, call the Upsell line. You're 3 weeks away, there is a decent chance they have some offers available.

Thanks! I have been calling and the prices keep dropping! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will offer me the price that I want to pay!