Things to do near ports.....

fitoldguyinspeedo

This post will probably be moved but I'll go ahead and ask.....

We are doing the Southern cruise on Fascination and I've determined that after our already purchased excursions at each port we'll have a few hours in-between after the excursions are over and the ship leaves. Looking for any ideas/suggestions that are within an walk of the cruise pier of things to do or great restaurants or bars.

We'll have extra time at Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten.

This post will probably be moved but I'll go ahead and ask.....

We are doing the Southern cruise on Fascination and I've determined that after our already purchased excursions at each port we'll have a few hours in-between after the excursions are over and the ship leaves. Looking for any ideas/suggestions that are within an walk of the cruise pier of things to do or great restaurants or bars.

We'll have extra time at Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten.

At most ports, including those you've listed, there are shops you can browse through. You may come across a bar or restaurant in the vicinity that's worth a look. Or, head back to the ship. The swimming pool will be open. The Serenity area (if your ship has one) will have plenty of vacancies. Sometimes, doing something on the spur of the moment is better than something pre-planned. Just make sure you're back on board in plenty of time.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I really like (half-day?) tours

that get me back to the port area with time to spare.

Often we'll go back on board to the v.welcome air-conditioning

after what usually proves to be hot sweaty 'work' going ashore

even if it is on a tour: your transportation may not be air-conditioned

and you'll be able to enjoy the full effect of local heat and humidity, isn't that great? :D

Most ports of call have varied cruise terminals with interesting shops

where you can kill an extra hour -either before you go back on the ship

or maybe after you've had lunch on board and refreshed yourselves a bit.

St Maarten pier is walking distance to Great Bay Beach (took us 10-15 min) and there are tons of restaurants and bars there. We stopped at a little french bakery there which was pretty good (not as good as the bakeries in the french side of the island though).

St. kitts has a huge shopping area at the port with cafes and restaurants. Our MDR server recommended an Indian restaurant that was right within the port area if that is something you would be interested in. I don't recall the name but it was on the left hand side walking toward the exit.

St. lucia also had the typical port shops, souvenirs, etc and a few stands with cheap local piton beer and live music with people dancing.

Depending on how much time you have leftover in Barbados, we loved the Boatyard. It is a great, clean beach about a 5 minute cab ride away. The cruise terminal had some interesting souvenirs and duty free alcohol for purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app