Drinks on Magic and Hotels

Can anyone recommend a pre-cruise night in PC that has a shuttle from Orlando international to hotel - then a shuttle to the cruise terminal?

Also, I haven't sailed on Carnival before....how to the in room drinks work? I see that you can purchased a bottle of vodka and mix for about $85.00 for your room?

I'd prefer to mix my own drinks than purchase them at the bar. Does anyone bring a bubba and carry it around with them?

Thanks,

I can't help with the airport to hotel to terminal, but I did stay in the County Inn & Suites for a cruise, park and shuttle package.. Might can check with them and see if they do the airport shuttle as well.

Yes, you can order a bottle of alcohol from the Fun Shop prior to cruising and it will be in your room. No worries on carrying a a Bubba Keg...

Can anyone recommend a pre-cruise night in PC that has a shuttle from Orlando international to hotel - then a shuttle to the cruise terminal?

Also, I haven't sailed on Carnival before....how to the in room drinks work? I see that you can purchased a bottle of vodka and mix for about $85.00 for your room?

I'd prefer to mix my own drinks than purchase them at the bar. Does anyone bring a bubba and carry it around with them?

Thanks,

Cocoa Beach shuttle is great and reasonable.

http://www.cbshuttle.com/port-canaveral-rates.htm

Or you could do a one way car rental at the airport for about the same price and drop the car off the morning of the cruise in Port Canaveral and they will shuttle you to the port. You wont be tied down to a shuttle schedule that way.

Edited by ryano

https://www.goportcanaveral.com/

that is the website I used to book our hotel the night before our cruise this coming Sept. I have not used them before. The provide shuttle to the hotel, the hotel provides shuttle to the cruise the day of your cruise. Then you catch the shuttle back to the Orlando airport from your cruise. They also have stay/park and cruise packages.

I am hoping this works - that's what we reserved to do!

Can't answer about the shuttle, can answer about the bubba. You can make your drinks in the room and carry everywhere with you. Great thing about cruising, you can bring your favorite beverage to breakfast lunch dinner and everywhere in between. We usually take yeti cups and/or mugs with us for lemonade to go, tea to go or adult beverages. It's nothing like getting your drink just the way you like it and be allowed to walk around with it. Have fun!

I wouldn't want to cruise without my own insulated drink mug. I even dump the bar drinks into it. I hate when my ice melts really fast and used it even with having Cheers on my last cruise. I picked up that tip before my first cruise and it definitely stuck!

I am also looking at goportcanaveral.com for our January cruise. It just looks like the most convenient package deal for those flying in.

• 2 weeks later...

Question about Go port Canaveral Shuttle, If you fly in late at night around midnight do they still honor the ground transportation to the hotel? Are there hours that they only operate or is it 24 hours service?

Edited by beachseasand
clarification

Radisson at the Port has a shuttle. I think it is free to the ship but runs $50 for two from the Airport, it was actually the best price I found. We didn't have to wait but about five minutes at the airport.

We didn't use the shuttle from the hotel to the port, we used Uber. Hundreds of people standing around waiting for the shuttle and we just logged into Uber, requested a ride and less than three minutes later we were in a vehicle and moving. Cheap too!

Question about Go port Canaveral Shuttle, If you fly in late at night around midnight do they still honor the ground transportation to the hotel? Are there hours that they only operate or is it 24 hours service?

I believe the shuttles run every 2 hours on odd hours from 9 am to 9 pm as part of the hotel package. If you arrive before/after, there is a $50 additional fee.

Check out the website, it has full details on times and afterhours.

good luck!

Cindy