Port Can back to MCO by Uber

maudde

We have an early flight out of MCO and didn't want to take a chance with a shared shuttle and having to wait for the shuttle to fill up. We use Uber and was curious if anyone has any experience or knowledge of how easy/difficult it is getting an uber when everyone is leaving at the same time from a cruise? I feel like an uber would be cheaper than a private car but with time being an issue, didn't want to be stuck waiting on uber if it may take awhile for one to become available. I have contacted a private co to get a quote if uber isn't an option. We are a family of 5 adults. Thank you for any comments or help anyone can give!

I've yet to see a "review" from someone using UBER from Orlando to Canaveral or the reverse.

I see posts that say it is available .... but nothing from an experience .....

is UBER good for 50+ mile rides?????

is UBER good for 50+ mile rides?????

In theory, yes. But it's up to the active Uber drivers at that time to accept or decline a fare offer when it pops up. My BIL drives for Uber, and he has taken a couple of trips from Orlando to Tampa. He didn't mind because Uber pays a higher rate in Tampa than in Orlando (no idea why, but it varies from city to city).

The major issue with a long one-way rental is that the driver cannot be guaranteed of a return fare, so they may be driving back solo, which earns them nothing.

hmmmmm

sounds exactly like the issues taxis have . . .

Except the Uber driver from PC can also pick up fares in an around Orlando and hope for a fare from MCO back to PC; the cab driver is not licensed to do any work in the Orlando area and is guaranteed an empty ride back home.

Thanks for the replies. We are going by private transportation with VIP Limo from the cruise which I'm happy with and confidant in knowing they will get us back to MCO with no issues. Something I won't have to stress about. I am still thinking we will try UBER from Orlando to the port, but it sounds like that might be an issue, hmmm. We have used UBER black from other cities and have had a great suv for transportation. You would think a driver would pick up the call to Port Canaveral with so many coming home from their cruises, but maybe with all the shuttle choices, people don't call for them. Maybe I'll try it and post how it turned out. Still deciding...🤔

my neighbor flies from Orlando almost weekly for his job - we live a bit south of the port area

he tells me he's been using UBER regularly for the coast to the airport and the fare runs around $70

he tells me that while "standard uber" can drop him off, only the 'higher classes' of UBER can pick up at the airport (I'm not UBER smart but I think that's means UBER black) and they charge a higher rate making UBER a not so good choice comin home (east)

He sometimes gets around this by taking a free hotel shuttle or taxi to a place off the airport and calling UBER from there . . . .