Travel Protection and Included Air Fares

BrisbaneGran

I have been recently made aware of Viking Ocean, and have been looking at the World Cruise that has just been advertised. I see they advertise a "Travel Protection Plan" and also included "Business Class Airfares." Can anyone tell me if those two inclusions are only for people from "certain" Countries? At the moment I am on a cruise myself, and its a bit difficult to load a lot of the information.....I don't seem to have any trouble getting to CC however! The main reason I am asking this question is that we are normally Seabourn clients, and they also have these options at times, but not for anyone OUTSIDE the USA?? Can anyone give any answers to this? Thanks in advance!

I did look on the UK Viking Ocean site (address of which can be reached by the link at bottom of U.S. site's home page) and it did offer business class upgrades at a particular price in pounds. Now I realize you're (I think) from Australia. I'll see if there's info for you and post again.

Here's what it says about air for AU; check to make sure it covers ALL 2017 cruises:

VIKING OCEANS AIR OFFERS

All 2017 Europe ocean cruise/tour itineraries include return Economy class airfare from Australia or New Zealand to Europe in the stateroom category of your choice, for bookings made prior to 31 May 2016.

REQUEST A BROCHURE

Economy class air inclusive

Australia departure cities – Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Canberra*, Darwin*, Hobart* or Launceston*

New Zealand departure cities – Auckland, Christchurch or Wellington

Mixed class upgrade add-on of $2,999 per person with Qatar Airways

Australia departure cities – Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney

Business class upgrade add-on of $3,999 per person with Qatar Airways

Australia departure cities – Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney

Business class upgrade add-on of $4,999 per person with Emirates, Qantas or Singapore Airlines

Australia departure cities – Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Canberra*, Darwin*, Hobart* or Launceston*

*Connections to major Australian gateways may require forced overnight at passengers own expense.

Depart any date in 2017

Viking choice of Airlines: Emirates, Singapore Airlines, Qantas, British Airways, Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways, Thai Airways, Cathay Pacific, Scandinavian Airlines or Finnair

Viking will fly you to the gateway city of your cruise commencement and from the gateway city of your cruise conclusion or gateway deviation is permissible to the following cities: Amsterdam, Athens, Barcelona, Bergen, Berlin, Budapest, Copenhagen, Dublin, Dusseldorf, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Glasgow, Istanbul, Lisbon, London (Heathrow), Madrid, Manchester, Milan, Moscow, Munich, Oslo, Paris, Prague, Rome, St Petersburg, Stockholm, Venice, Vienna, Warsaw, Zurich.

All pre-paid taxes are included

If air offer is booked, a non-refundable cruise deposit of $1,500 per person is required at the time of booking.

CUSTOMISED AIR PLAN

$250pp Customised Air Plan will apply if you wish to:

Nominate their carrier

Choose to link up and travel together with friends or family

Add an en-route stopover to/from Europe, in one or both directions

Customised Air Plan will do all possible to accommodate your request however restrictions of availability, routing and fares provided by the airline carrier apply. Guests are responsible for payment of all stopover accommodation and other related costs.

Choice of airlines: Emirates, Qantas, Cathay Pacific, Qatar Airways or Singapore Airlines

Choice of stopover cities: Dubai, Bangkok, Hong Kong or Singapore.

En-route stopover in one or both directions permitted as follows:

Emirates - Dubai/Dubai, Dubai/Bangkok, Dubai/Singapore v.v.

Qantas - Dubai/Dubai, Dubai/Bangkok, Dubai/Singapore v.v.

Cathay Pacific – Hong Kong in one or both directions

Singapore Airlines – Singapore in one or both directions

Qatar Airways – Doha in one or both directions

HOW'S THAT FOR A GREAT OFFER?

Explore the World with Viking Ocean Cruises, click here to view itineraries.

Contact Your Travel Agent or Call 1800 131 744 (AU) OR 0800 447 913 (NZ)

AU website address is http://www.vikingcruises.com.au/oceans/my-trip/overview/index.html

I couldn't see anything on AU site about travel protection, but it may be there somewhere. You can usually also buy it on your own (often at a cheaper price) - at least for us U.S. residents.

Hope that helps.

Why would you think this offer is worldwide? The Viking marketing is USA and Canada. I'm sure CC will provide you with expert answers

well if the included extras are not World wide, there is no point me even looking at Viking! If there are such "extra deals" for some and not for others.....so be it!

thanks for your reply roothy....I didn't realise there was an Australian site....but without all the "included extras" it doesn't make such a good deal for us......may as well stay where we are.....

the airfares from Oz are nothing special either......thanks anyway.