Is it possible to get an Upsell????

laughing husky

Haven't sailed on NCL for a long time, but the time and the itinerary was right. I booked the lowest inside cabin guarantee there was and they gave me a cabin right away. I would like to upgrade/upsell to a higher cabin....at least one with some natural light...I tried calling NCL ( I am sailing in about a week)....the standard reservation number.....they said they have to offer it to me first....My TA can't do it unless I pay for the highest upgrade I want....So, what is the truth behind upgrades....I know there are lots of cabins left but I would like to know the real skinny on this from people who sail NCL all the time. I am silver on NCL if that makes any difference...Anyone have a real upsell phone number?:D

Haven't sailed on NCL for a long time, but the time and the itinerary was right. I booked the lowest inside cabin guarantee there was and they gave me a cabin right away. I would like to upgrade/upsell to a higher cabin....at least one with some natural light...I tried calling NCL ( I am sailing in about a week)....the standard reservation number.....they said they have to offer it to me first....My TA can't do it unless I pay for the highest upgrade I want....So, what is the truth behind upgrades....I know there are lots of cabins left but I would like to know the real skinny on this from people who sail NCL all the time. I am silver on NCL if that makes any difference...Anyone have a real upsell phone number?:D

The upsell number is 1-800-625-4309, they are open Monday - Friday, 9-5.

Good luck!!

Here's my upsell story:

I booked an inside guarantee on the 5/1 BA (3/17)....they immediately gave me the worst cabin in the ship.

I called the upsell dept. They offered me things in the Haven. It wasn't a matter of cost...I have no use for a butler and I really don't want "fancy food".

So, I switched to a guaranteed balcony (4/19)....I paid $150 more/pp.

There were lots of cabins left at that point....balconies, minisuites. A day later the guaranteed balcony went down by $150.

I was sure I'd end up with a great balcony or minisuite. They assigned my cabin and it's OK...but really just a standard balcony in what I consider a good location.

I've called the upsell dept. every day this week...and there are no upgrades. The rep said I should call reservations and pay "full price" if I wanted a different cabin.

So, although everyone else seems to "book an inside and get upgraded to something wonderful for $0"...I wouldn't count on the upgrade. Just book an OV or Balcony guarantee and see what they assign.

I've called the upsell dept. every day this week...and there are no upgrades. The rep said I should call reservations and pay "full price" if I wanted a different cabin.

Have a pretty good feeling they have to tell this to people all the time. Calling every single day is a bit much guys and a sure fire way that they change the system of how they do this (eg online only offers). Call a couple weeks out, week of, and a couple before max and for goodness sakes don't act entitled. NCL doesn't owe you anything.

Because every week there are a few/several posts on here about folks getting an upgrade from an inside to a suite for almost no money. The reality is there are tens of thousands of others every week who get nothing. If you book with a TA, they are supposed to be the point of contact. You can call the upsell number posted above. If enough keep calling every day, they will revert to what they did last time. Shut the upsell line down and make everyone hope for a call. The only sure way to get a better room is to call your TA and pay for the room you want. Otherwise, try the upsell number every week or so.

I never heard of the upsell number until a couple of months ago. I waited until 5 weeks before my cruise, when I called the rep was very nice and said there was nothing yet and for me to try back the following week. I called the following Monday, still nothing, then I received my first "upsell" email. I was offered an SD for 500pp, offered 750 total and she countered with 400pp, which we took. I called the week after to find see what the garden villa would be, that was $2000pp. Plus it would be a big waste of space with just the 2 of us. At that time we could have upselled for $350pp more for the DOS, buy we didn't want to give up our balcony.

Edited by pathubia

Our cruise is just a little over a week away, called today and they only offered the haven, even if bough it looks like there are a lot of balconies still available.. Read somewhere that ncl doesn't give a lot of upgrade deals with balconies, that they would rather let those rooms go empty...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app