Gala Nights

CruznRagtop

I have not sailed with Norwegian since 1999. Since then I have been on many Princess and Holland America ships so I know what to wear on gala nights aboard any of their ships.

Today I booked the 38-night cruise from Singapore to Venice on the Star next March. Would appreciate knowing how many gala nights to expect and what may constitute "appropriate dress" for men and women in the MDR.

Thank you for any input or suggestions!

I'm guessing that you mean formal nights.

In that case, the answer is zero. The closest thing that NCL has is "Norwegian night out", which isn't all that close at all.

Appropriate dress for the MDR is whatever you want, from shorts to formal wear, with most people wearing fairly smart casual. In the rear MDR, shorts aren't allowed.

I'd have a look at the "packing tips" section of the NCL website which has details or dress codes. I suspect it's rather more relaxed than you are expecting.

I have not sailed with Norwegian since 1999. Since then I have been on many Princess and Holland America ships so I know what to wear on gala nights aboard any of their ships.

Today I booked the 38-night cruise from Singapore to Venice on the Star next March. Would appreciate knowing how many gala nights to expect and what may constitute "appropriate dress" for men and women in the MDR.

Thank you for any input or suggestions!

We're planning our first NCL cruise since 1982 - 18 days Singapore-India- Dubai, March 2018, after 90 days on HAL over the past few years. I'm going to miss putting on my tux and ship's-wheel studs/cuff links once in a while. I'll probably bring a couple of sport coats. I still like cleaning up a bit for the evening's activities.

Edited by blizzardboy

We're planning our first NCL cruise since 1982 - 18 days Singapore-India- Dubai, March 2018, after 90 days on HAL over the past few years. I'm going to miss putting on my tux and ship's-wheel studs/cuff links once in a while. I'll probably bring a couple of sport coats. I still like cleaning up a bit for the evening's activities.

Why miss it? Bring it and wear it whatever night(s) you want! That I think is the best part of NCL. They don't dictate which night you have to go formal. If we are celebrating a special occasion on a random night that isn't the "Dress Up (or not)" of "Norwegian's Night Out" we get dressed up. I can wear a dress every night if I want.

Why miss it? Bring it and wear it whatever night(s) you want! That I think is the best part of NCL. They don't dictate which night you have to go formal. If we are celebrating a special occasion on a random night that isn't the "Dress Up (or not)" of "Norwegian's Night Out" we get dressed up. I can wear a dress every night if I want.

I'll take that under advisement. I do look good in a tux! A friend used to say, "I can't wait to get up in the morning because I get better lookin' every day!" I aspire to his greatness.

Edited by blizzardboy