Self-Debarkation on NCL?

danyelle

Just curious if it's mandatory to put your luggage out the night before on the NCL Escape. We usually just carry our own luggage of on RCCL ... is that possible here too?

Just wondering if I should be strategic in my packing for our 2 toddlers for our sailing on the 7th.

Thanks.

Just curious if it's mandatory to put your luggage out the night before on the NCL Escape. We usually just carry our own luggage of on RCCL ... is that possible here too?

Just wondering if I should be strategic in my packing for our 2 toddlers for our sailing on the 7th.

Thanks.

just FYI people who carry off their own luggage get off first (early!!) I am going on the escape in 15 days!! I have been on the getaway twice and always carry my own luggage. There is a crazy line to get out but it actually goes really fast as did customs both times i did it.

just FYI people who carry off their own luggage get off first (early!!) I am going on the escape in 15 days!! I have been on the getaway twice and always carry my own luggage. There is a crazy line to get out but it actually goes really fast as did customs both times i did it.

Actually, if you carry your own luggage out, you can leave whenever you want. NCL tells you the time, but it does not matter--just go when you are ready.

Actually, if you carry your own luggage out, you can leave whenever you want. NCL tells you the time, but it does not matter--just go when you are ready.

Whew! Great, that's what I'm used to on royal. With the 2 babies this time I'm sure it's going to be crazy. Glad to know I have one less thing to worry about.

If you decide to definitely walk off with your luggage, leave as early as you can. When we took our own luggage on the Gem, we left as soon as they announced it and we just walk straight off with no lines.

We always find it most effective to stand in the line starting around 6:45, but I'm not sure I'd do that with two babies, lol. But it's usually a very short wait and then we are first off. When we disembark BA in NY, we are usually in our car ready to drive by 7:15-7:30. I realize it's a different ship, I'm just saying I'd prefer to wait at the head of the line 15 minutes before they announce than to join it and wait even longer.

If you don't have an early flight, why not put your luggage out? With babies to manage it would probably be easier to walk off with them & collect luggage on dock. They give you luggage labels with time printed on them. If you don't get the time you want you can swap them out at front desk, I've done it before. And if you changed your mind you just don't leave it out☺

In my experience it's not the line to get off the ship that's the issue. If you don't leave early you may have trouble finding an elevator to get to the gangway. Several elevators were totally full before I finally rode one up and then back down. This was just before 8:00 a.m. on the Epic in Barcelona.

To clarify, I'm in no rush to get off as I will be getting picked up by car. Can I keep my luggage with me instead of putting it out the night before and walk off when I want?

You may not be in a rush, but your cabin Steward will be Happy to see you go. lol

Actually, thats the snafu. Usually you need to vacate your room by say 9am.

So you need to be Outta there.

Hence, many people prefer to get quick bite early, collect their luggage & get off the ship......versus waiting in a crowded holding area for your turn to get off, lugging down stairs when the elevators are overcrowded, etc.

We started to doing the early walk off & like it best.

Were often first ones off the ship.

Last cruise we were first thru Customs also, No wait, & on our way.

Better IMO than being crowded & bored waiting on the ship....

Different strokes....

Vacate room by 8.00. Cabin stewards are usually knocking on by 07.30. You can take your luggage off anytime you like. I've done it a couple of times myself when I had to get a flight. But when not in a rush I just leave my luggage out & collect it the next day. You don't get help with luggage when you opt to do it yourself.

When I wanted a relaxing morning I just put my luggage out choose a latter disbarkation time enjoyed a leisurely coffee & left when number called.

We usually pick up some tags and then just wander off when we are ready. We have never got off at the time on the tag. Doing it this way is the easy way to get off. This carry your own luggage is not my idea of easy disembark it just looks like a lot of over laden stressed out people to me. I only get it when someone has an early flight.