Looking for Breeze elegant evening advice for non elegant travelers

Cruisin Mamma

We will be on the Carnival Breeze in June, and we are those 'we are on vacation and we are not dressing up' people. :D

We've been there and done that in the past, but it's been about 10 years since our last cruise.

Is the only dinner option on elegant evenings the buffet? I'm not a buffet fan. Any advice for dinners on elegant evenings for non-elegant people?

Thank you!

We just got off two weeks on the Breeze. My husband wore nice jeans and a collared shirt during the second week. One lady had a sweatshirt on that I wouldn't wear around my house. As long as it's not shorts, tshirts, and flip flops I'm guessing you will be fine. There was some REALLY dressed up people. Others, just casual.

Guys was open until 6:00. The deli was open at dinner. It's right at the buffet area. And there is always pizza and room service.

Edited by kona_wahine

We will be on the Carnival Breeze in June, and we are those 'we are on vacation and we are not dressing up' people. :D

We've been there and done that in the past, but it's been about 10 years since our last cruise.

Is the only dinner option on elegant evenings the buffet? I'm not a buffet fan. Any advice for dinners on elegant evenings for non-elegant people?

Thank you!

We have decided we no longer like 90 minute meals, so we eat on Lido nearly every night. It's deli sandwiches and pizza for me most nights.

Carnival's "Cruise Elegant" is a very relaxed dress code - way more relaxed than HAL or even RCCL.

I wear a pair of cotton black slacks, a top with sparkles and strappy sandals. DH wears a pair of kaki slacks and a short sleeved shirt with a collar and casual driving shoes with no socks.

There are some dressed up more than us and some less dressed-up than us but we're comfortable.

Thank you!

You could eat at Bonsai Sushi, Cucina Del Capitano, or the Steakhouse in addition to the Lido buffet, Guy's, Deli, etc...

We have decided we no longer like 90 minute meals, so we eat on Lido nearly every night. It's deli sandwiches and pizza for me most nights.

SAME WITH US!!!

We went to MDR the first night but found it immensely satisfying to just get what we want on the lido and have time to wander the ship rather than sit in the MDR for 90+ minutes.

When they decide to open the Tandoor gril for Dinner I'll never go to the MDR again:p

Edited by darth frosty

Great! Thank you everyone. I'm glad to know there are other dining options and we don't have to worry about sticking out by not dressing up.

What do you usually wear to the dining room on non-elegant evenings. I'll bet you could wear that. We get less dressed up each cruise. I bring black slacks and different tops. I DO wear silvery flip flops. Hubby wears dark slacks with a nice collared golf shirt. Thats as dressy as we get.

wow 90 minutes in the main dining room? That's a long time for dinner.

We're empty nesters so we enjoy dinner in the MDR with other folks. In light of good table conversation the 90 minutes flies by. We don't look at dinner as an interruption - we see it as part of our evening activities.

Dining times at tables for 2 seem to be significantly quicker.

You could eat at Bonsai Sushi, Cucina Del Capitano, or the Steakhouse in addition to the Lido buffet, Guy's, Deli, etc...

If I didn't misunderstand - I believe the "cruise elegant" dress code is in place in the steakhouse on those cruise elegant evenings.:)