Noisy on Balcony!

Trumpster

Again, because they mentioned it again and again. Speaking of female issues, lack of eligible men where they live, best way to shave designs.

Trust me a bunch of guy talk would have bern equally annoying.

wow, wow, wow... you should hear what Americans are talking about... seriously there is all kinds of rude ppl out there in the world... why do you choose to be one?? down right rude on all levels!

we never ever saw our neighbors out on the balcony on any of our cruises. We feel very lucky about that. I spend more time on the balcony than anywhere on the cruise. I would be very annoyed by the slamming doors and the yelling. Don't mind talking and having fun -- but yelling is a bit much.

wow, wow, wow... you should hear what Americans are talking about... seriously there is all kinds of rude ppl out there in the world... why do you choose to be one?? down right rude on all levels!

the point is, and it seems lost on so many, that if they had talked normally or in a more reasonable volume, I perhaps would have heard very little of their conversation, as it was I was part of their conversation, without actually wanting to be. Without actually being in the conversation.

They were 4 loud people! Thanks to being loud I learned they were from Canada. Thanks to their being loud I learned far more than I ever hoped to about them.

We just finished a fantastic family cruise on Magic. Only two events were issues, one was the last night when a pair of 20 something's couples decide the thalassotherapy pool was a hot tube. Even had glass glasses and colorful tropical drinks in the pool. I can imagine if they had broken one in the pool. We ratted them out. ;) as we left.

But the real issues was our noisy balcony neighbors.

4 women on a girls cruise, mom and daughters, all middle age and up (hey I'm trying to make this as non offensive as possible) all from Canada (again no offense- but since I was part of their conversations I know more than I want to about them.) who always made noise.

They never just talked, they all seemed to yell from the start and then had to yell louder to be heard. Cackling laughter - loud cackling, always slamming the door(s) - they had their balcony divider opened. Moving chairs.

It was literally like listening to a Canadian version of The View tv show.

One was planning to shave her legs on the balcony...great but I don't need to know what pattern you have somewhere else. :eek:

I finally confronted them when one whipped out a ukulele (she clearly as taking lessons) and they decided to harmonize hippie songs like they were some of Charles Manson's lost girls. Ugh!

I simply said you guy's are loud and I can hear you in my cabin, they apologized but they were still noisy the rest of the trip.

The next time the ukulele came out I propped open my balcony door and turned up the kids movie on the TV full blast.

Didn't enjoy our balcony as much as we did the last cruise.

At least smokers don't puff away all the time like the noise pollution i had to listen to.

Still a great cruise and fortunately they were not early rises. Which allowed me to both enjoy my balcony for sun rises and to bang their walls as we left. ;)

first people complained about smoke on their balcony in a 20 mph wind. now it's noise. what's next, too much/too little sun on the balcony to enjoy it properly.......to windy/not enough wind to enjoy it properly......... :confused: :rolleyes:

Well I have to say that this Canadian will be enjoying sitting out on our balcony listening to our music having some drinks and laughing.

They were women on a cruise. Having some fun. Expecting people to be "quiet" is unreasonable in my opinion. Why does your need for quiet trump their need to have some laughs.

My opinion is if it's during the day or early evening they are totally ok. The only time I think you have a case to complain is at night when people are trying to sleep.

And you deciding to blare a kids movie as "payback" is just immature. They weren't making noise purposely to bother you. Yet you feel the need to do that? SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It was a fact. The writer was writing a factual account of the event. Your comment is irrelevant.

actually the writer was writing a biased opinion of the event. without input from the other side we have no idea how factual it was. ;)

Perhaps there needs to be a sign on each balcony (and perhaps in each cabin) that says complete silence is expected at all times to ensure the enjoyment of all guests. This way there can be no complaints about the volume or subject matter of the conversations that take place.

i would have to complain that it was too quiet then. :D

actually the writer was writing a biased opinion of the event. without input from the other side we have no idea how factual it was. ;)

Well just ask them, they'll tell you loud and clear, they may all talk at once, but that's to be expected.

If you're lucky they will harmonize it to ukulele playing.

And the word about will be pronounced aboot :D

So many just don't get it.

Canadamama3 were you the ukulele player? Take more lessons if so.

Who said I expected quiet. If only they had been loud but they weren't just loud

i'm not certain we're not the ones getting things. you understand there are no noise rules for the balconies except for quiet hours which i believe are 2200 to 0600, right. :confused:

Well just ask them, they'll tell you loud and clear, they may all talk at once, but that's to be expected.

If you're lucky they will harmonize it to ukulele playing.

And the word about will be pronounced aboot :D

heck, being a singer, i would have probably sung along with them. just my opinion but it seems you're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill and no one violated any rules........well........except when you left the balcony door open to blast the tv in retaliation but that's a different thread.

Edited by Computer Nerd

i'm not certain we're not the ones getting things. you understand there are no noise rules for the balconies except for quiet hours which i believe are 2200 to 0600, right. :confused:

Actually there are some rules about noise bothering others.

heck, being a singer, i would have probably sung along with them. just my opinion but it seems you're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill and no one violated any rules........well........except when you left the balcony door open to blast the tv in retaliation but that's a different thread.

Incorrect