Doctor Seuss Breakfast.

So, I have just been told maybe I should come to the Carnival Cruise threads, maybe I should have been looking properly, cos I didn't know there were a whole board on the different cruise lines, OOPS:o. I put this message on the OZ/NZ part, but I'm not really getting many responses to the questions I asked. We are going on a Carnival cruise(Spirit) and was wondering if the Doctor Seuss Breakfast is worth the money and if the green eggs are actually edible? As they look horrid due to the colouring, lol, are they actually tasty? if of course anyone has had it by chance if they were on a Carnival cruise?

I have a followup question:

Do you have a chance to see the characters, etc anywhere else besides the breakfast? I do not have kids of the age to go to the breakfast (my teens would be mortified if I took them to the breakfast), but I am a librarian and hope I can take a fun vacation photo with any of the characters - silly i know, but it just for fun.

My dd liked the green eggs and ham, it is the standard liquid eggs they make on board with green food coloring, same taste, and its the same ham served on board.

My other dd gets the pancake stack. Some have red food coloring. Same taste.

I get the fox in socks steak and eggs. Usually quite good though my last one was a bit under cooked from medium.

20150501_085139_zpsjuf1dtai.jpg

20150501_085137_zpswdyhqd3q.jpg

20150501_085125_zpsbuge8fso.jpg

I wouldn't go for the food but for the experience. I love carnival but not much of what comes UT of the different ingredients room is memorable. They are feeling so many people so the food is similar to golden corral. If you want wonderful food that is worth it sign up for the Chefs Table or go to the steak house(not sure which ships have those). That said, I am still debating on going to the Seuss breakfast just to see what it's like just for silly fun. If I don't like anything I can hit the buffet when it is over. If you are running a tight budget your money may be best spent somewhere else as this will not be gourmet food that must be tried. Probably taste ok but be a memorable experience. When your on a ship and all relaxed and having fun anything goes so even your teens would probably like it.

Edited by smyliecruising

I wouldn't go for the food but for the experience. I love carnival but not much of what comes UT of the different ingredients room is memorable. They are feeling so many people so the food is similar to golden corral. If you want wonderful food that is worth it sign up for the Chefs Table or go to the steak house(not sure which ships have those). That said, I am still debating on going to the Seuss breakfast just to see what it's like just for silly fun. If I don't like anything I can hit the buffet when it is over. If you are running a tight budget your money may be best spent somewhere else as this will not be gourmet food that must be tried. Probably taste ok but be a memorable experience. When your on a ship and all relaxed and having fun anything goes so even your teens would probably like it.

I agree the experience is the main reason, but disagree with the food comment. My steak and eggs 3 of the 4 times were excellent, presented nicely, far superior to anything golden corral could do.

And yes the Chef's table and Steak house are great meals too.

But I will say the steakhouse's on the Breeze and Magic had really too many tables crammed in, the venues were smaller (than other steakhouses on previous carnival ships) and the atmosphere seemed tense or uptight by the staff.

Cucina had far more space between tables and the staff seemed to be having fun. We actually, after eating at both, decided to move our anniversary meal from the steakhouse to Cucina and we are glad we did.

Suess is only $5 per person, so its cost seems mighty negligable in the scheme of a cruise budget.

Edited by Trumpster

Even with no kids, it's still worth the $5 experience. The menu is basically the same breakfast foods as they serve at the sea day brunch (just none of the lunch meals) but "dressed and coloured up".

Characters are usually available for pictures with the photographs one day of the cruise. There is also the Seuss Parade and the storytelling but the characters don't attend that (not that I've seen anyways).

Go and have fun at the breakfast. See if there are others on your roll call or FB group who would want to go with you and leave your teens to sleep in.

Even with no kids, it's still worth the $5 experience. The menu is basically the same breakfast foods as they serve at the sea day brunch (just none of the lunch meals) but "dressed and coloured up".

Characters are usually available for pictures with the photographs one day of the cruise. There is also the Seuss Parade and the storytelling but the characters don't attend that (not that I've seen anyways).

Go and have fun at the breakfast. See if there are others on your roll call or FB group who would want to go with you and leave your teens to sleep in.

On the Miracle Thing 1, Thing 2 and The Cat in The Hat were in the Parade and made an appearance at story time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Our table for the Dr. Seuss breakfast was made up of only adults! We were more excited than the kids and enjoyed it tremendously. The food was good and the green eggs ARE edible. It's a great experience for the entire family!!! Don't miss it.

The breakfast Is fun...fun to see all the characters come out and have pics with people. The food is food except DONT order the green eggs and ham...no one at our table could eat it...the scrambled eggs of course were green but the texture was like cottage cheese...actually kind of nasty!

No - at least once, maybe twice, depending on interest. But it's not the regular Sea Day Brunch that's offered every sea day, that's different.

Thanks so much! I'm guessing it will be in the fun times then. Can it be booked in advance, it is it first come first served?

Thanks so much! I'm guessing it will be in the fun times then. Can it be booked in advance, it is it first come first served?

On the first day of the cruise they had a table set up for signing up. You can also contact gs to sign up.

It usually is the last sea day and they have an 8:15 and 10:30 or 10:45 sitting.

My pics are of the 8:15 seating.

...- silly i know, but it just for fun.

There is nothing ever wrong with silly fun on vacation. I have to toe the line all year long. I'm doing every dumb, touristy thing I can when I go on vacation.

actually, I do silly stuff during the year too. Just not so publicly.:D

I get the fox in socks steak and eggs. Usually quite good though my last one was a bit under cooked from medium.

Never been to the Seuss breakfast, but that "fox in socks steak and eggs" is the exact same steak and egg dish served at sea day brunch. If it's any consolation, my filet is cooked wrong more times than not at brunch:rolleyes:

In any event, from the pictures and descriptions, this seems like something to go to for the experience, not the food. Otherwise, no need to pay an upcharge for the same food available for free elsewhere on the ship, with only some food coloring and silly names added.

The Fun Times says reservations are recommended but they will take walk-ups while there are still tables available.

So, I have just been told maybe I should come to the Carnival Cruise threads, maybe I should have been looking properly, cos I didn't know there were a whole board on the different cruise lines, OOPS:o. I put this message on the OZ/NZ part, but I'm not really getting many responses to the questions I asked. We are going on a Carnival cruise(Spirit) and was wondering if the Doctor Seuss Breakfast is worth the money and if the green eggs are actually edible? As they look horrid due to the colouring, lol, are they actually tasty? if of course anyone has had it by chance if they were on a Carnival cruise?

We did it on the Valor last September with our then 13 month old daughter and loved it! The green eggs taste just like regular eggs, just green in color. We ordered the pancakes for our daughter and they taste like regular pancakes, but some are red. She loved them. The wife and I both ordered the Fox in Socks steak and eggs and they were delicious! VERY worth the $5 per person charge!

Do you have a chance to see the characters, etc anywhere else besides the breakfast? I do not have kids of the age to go to the breakfast (my teens would be mortified if I took them to the breakfast), but I am a librarian and hope I can take a fun vacation photo with any of the characters - silly i know, but it just for fun.

On the Valor, there were photo ops on the first night I think which included Thing 1 and Thing 2, Sam I Am, and The Cat in the Hat. Then they were all in the Seuss parade and at storytime. There was also an opportunity for photos at the brunch.

Do they do this every sea day? I want to make sure we don't miss it. [emoji4]

Only on first or last sea day. I honestly don't remember which!

I called right after we got on board. I asked one of the crew who to contact and they gave me the number. I was asked what time I wanted and informed that there would be a $15 charge added to my sail and sign card. Took maybe 3 minutes.

Never been to the Seuss breakfast, but that "fox in socks steak and eggs" is the exact same steak and egg dish served at sea day brunch. If it's any consolation, my filet is cooked wrong more times than not at brunch:rolleyes:

In any event, from the pictures and descriptions, this seems like something to go to for the experience, not the food. Otherwise, no need to pay an upcharge for the same food available for free elsewhere on the ship, with only some food coloring and silly names added.

True but I usually get the Hey Pork chop

(hey pork chop-Fun to say, better to eat. Our flame roasted, double cut thick pork chop, is topped with caramelized onion,

gorgonzola cream, side of fries and blistered beans in bbq sauce.)

and a couple of over easy or sunny side up eggs at Sea Day Brunch, so for me the Suess breakfast is it for steak and eggs, whether a fox is in socks or not! ;)