Luggage arrangement for Fly Cruise

janieb1962

Hi

We are booked on E608C flying from Manchester to Venice.

we've done this before but just noticed the instructions on Cruise Personaliser says "YOU WILL BE MET AT THE AIRPORT IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE ARRIVAL LOUNGE SLIDING DOORS, AT THE EXIT OF THE LUGGAGE CAROUSELS FOR YOUR TRANSFER TO THE CRUISE PORT. YOU WILL BE TRANSFERED BY SHARED VEHICLE FROM AIRPORT TO PORT"

The flight is a scheduled flight so guessing other passengers will not necessarily be P&O.

As it mentions the luggage carousels, this is making me wonder whether we need to collect our luggage.

Has anyone done a similar trip recently able to confirm arrangements?

I realise I could ask P&O but this forum is usually quicker in replying :)

I am also e608 Genoa to Genoa for the gp. I have just checked my personaliser and it says under the flight details that the luggage will be transferred from the plane to the cabin. I then get the same message further down about being met outside.

On a side note I did this cruise last year and it was one of the best I have ever done. Just hoping the gp tops it all off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had the same query. If you are on a scheduled flight (as opposed to a chartered flight, where all passengers will be for your cruise) then you do have to collect your luggage from the carousel yourself. The only luggage which is transported automatically to the ship is for passengers who are on a chartered flight.

We are flying to Genoa tomorrow and P&O have put us on a BA scheduled flight. We have been told we have to collect our luggage from the carousel, take it out to the Arrivals area where we will be met by a P&O rep and our luggage will be taken to the ship for us. I imagine the same will apply to you flying to Venice. As has been said it is only the charter flights - Thomson and Thomas Cook that have the bonded luggage arrangement so passengers do not have to collect their luggage at the airport on arrival.

The compensation for us is that we get a much better luggage allowance with BA. We get 23kg hold luggage, then we can take a handbag/laptop bag into the cabin together with a cabin bag/case - measurements apply - that can weigh up to 23kg - but you have to be able to lift the bag/case up into the luggage compartments above the seats.

P&o will transfer your luggage to the ship. Just hand it over at Manchester and the next time you see it it will be at your cabin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you sure about this?? I think you will find that it is only when you fly on a charter that your luggage goes straight to the ship - on a schedule flight you will have to collect your own luggage:)

Are you sure about this?? I think you will find that it is only when you fly on a charter that your luggage goes straight to the ship - on a schedule flight you will have to collect your own luggage:)

Our experience has always been as yamanid describes.

Hi

We are booked on E608C flying from Manchester to Venice.

we've done this before but just noticed the instructions on Cruise Personaliser says "YOU WILL BE MET AT THE AIRPORT IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE ARRIVAL LOUNGE SLIDING DOORS, AT THE EXIT OF THE LUGGAGE CAROUSELS FOR YOUR TRANSFER TO THE CRUISE PORT. YOU WILL BE TRANSFERED BY SHARED VEHICLE FROM AIRPORT TO PORT"

The flight is a scheduled flight so guessing other passengers will not necessarily be P&O.

As it mentions the luggage carousels, this is making me wonder whether we need to collect our luggage.

Has anyone done a similar trip recently able to confirm arrangements?

I realise I could ask P&O but this forum is usually quicker in replying :)

The flight we are on to Venice for our flight from manchester is with Thompson. All passengers are going on the cruise. Just ask at check in.

We go the 11th May

I've checked with the TA and we have been booked on a scheduled flight, so will have to collect our luggage and take to the coach. No real problem with that as I have already purchased extra luggage allowance which I wouldn't have been able to do with charter flights. :)

Another advantage would have been if the luggage travelled with us and we could then take onboard which saves waiting for it to be delivered, but sadly this isn't the case(pardon the pun) and we will just get it delivered to the cabin along with all the other luggage.:(

I've checked with the TA and we have been booked on a scheduled flight, so will have to collect our luggage and take to the coach. No real problem with that as I have already purchased extra luggage allowance which I wouldn't have been able to do with charter flights. :)

Another advantage would have been if the luggage travelled with us and we could then take onboard which saves waiting for it to be delivered, but sadly this isn't the case(pardon the pun) and we will just get it delivered to the cabin along with all the other luggage.:(

YES you could have purchased extra luggage, if you had booked a charter flight

YES you could have purchased extra luggage, if you had booked a charter flight

hmm well not if you are booked with Jet 2 charter. We are jet 2 scheduled so can purchase extra :)

extract from P&O Advice Centre

Jet2

Economy: 22kg per person

Hand baggage: 10kg pp, 1 item only. Guideline dimensions are: 56cm x 45cm x 25cm.

Excess baggage policy – Charter flights: excess baggage cannot be purchased

Excess baggage policy – Scheduled flights: Visit the Jet2 website, quoting your surname and cruise booking reference to purchase your additional baggage.