DOS on the DAWN

pathubia

I just did an upsell to one of the DOS on the Dawn.

I understand that we will get three bottles of alcohol and mixers, is there a list that we pick what we want from? Do we get unlimited bottled water?

Thanks in advance.

Patty

I understand that we will get three bottles of alcohol and mixers, is there a list that we pick what we want from? Do we get unlimited bottled water?

Thanks in advance.

Patty

Did you get one of the inside ones or outside ones?

Did you get one of the inside ones or outside ones?

Inside, 12500, there are only 2 of us and I was hoping for one of the outside ones, but it was all they had left on an upsell.

Edited by pathubia

Inside, 12500, there are only 2 of us and I was hoping for one of the outside ones, but it was all they had left on an upsell.

Have a nice time.

If you do get a chance, can you see if you can find out any more specifics about what they are all doing in the drydock? There hasn't been a ton of info.

Thanks in advance.

Patty

Congrats !!!

Can you share the upsell offer?

What did you move from?

Thank you

Congrats !!!

Can you share the upsell offer?

What did you move from?

Thank you

We were originally in a balcony, did an upsell two weeks ago for $400 pp to upsell to a family suite with balcony (at the time they wanted $750pp for the DOS), I called last week and they wanted $350pp to upsell (on top of the $400pp that we already paid) still too much. Yesterday I called and they offered it for $100pp more, I said yes!! So it was a total of $1000 (plus $80 to increase the ins). We don't get the 4 suite perks, but we have the UBP and SDP and we are happy with those.

I haven't told my husband yet :eek:

Have a nice time.

If you do get a chance, can you see if you can find out any more specifics about what they are all doing in the drydock? There hasn't been a ton of info.

When we were in the DAWN in November the hotel director told us that they are taking out Pearly Kings and making it a wine bar (I have since heard it will be "5 o'clock somewhere bar"). Moderno is moving to the Star Bar and they are taking out Blue Lagoon and making both side O'Sheehans.

It was explained that when we get off the ship May 18, they will not be making up the rooms, they will be getting rid of the bedding, mattresses, rugs, and replacing it all.

We were originally in a balcony, did an upsell two weeks ago for $400 pp to upsell to a family suite with balcony (at the time they wanted $750pp for the DOS), I called last week and they wanted $350pp to upsell (on top of the $400pp that we already paid) still too much. Yesterday I called and they offered it for $100pp more, I said yes!! So it was a total of $1000 (plus $80 to increase the ins). We don't get the 4 suite perks, but we have the UBP and SDP and we are happy with those.

Thats outstanding!! Are you going to tell him prior??

Friend is on the BA right now and she went from Inside to H4 for 1000pp... she didn't tell the husband and when they were at the Manhattan Terminal, he ate about 2 sandwiches before he realized that no one else was in the Suite \ Haven Waiting Room.... stunned she hel out that long

Edited by esm54687

Thats outstanding!! Are you going to tell him prior??

Friend is on the BA right now and she went from Inside to H4 for 1000pp... she didn't tell the husband and when they were at the Manhattan Terminal, he ate about 2 sandwiches before he realized that no one else was in the Suite \ Haven Waiting Room.... stunned she hel out that long

Nice upsell!!

He thinks we are in a family with balcony. Its the same suite we had January 2015. Honestly, we spent about 1/2 hour total on the balcony. I think he will be happy with the extra room!!

We were in one of those inside suites. Loved it! As far as the booze is concerned we pre-ordered Vodka, Rum & Bailey's Irish Cream.

Enjoy...

Did you order ahead of time through the pre-concierge?

Congratulations! That is awesome! So happy for you. Come back and tell us how he responded. I love stories like that.

Congratulations! That is awesome! So happy for you. Come back and tell us how he responded. I love stories like that.

Thanks!! This will probably be the only time we can afford it. Scott is spoiled. When I first started cruising, we cruised in small insides. His first cruise was in a suite!!

Do all of the DOS have laptops? I have the internet package and usually use my phone, but I need to do my payroll....

All the ones I've seen do. They are typically older Lenovos which haven't seen the light of day in ages. We might of had a Dell on the Spirit in an OS though.

Regarding the drydock, I was curious about the blurb I saw on a "makeover" of the Garden Villas. On the Star they redecorated in the last drydock but there was some info posted that they were doing something larger scale on the Dawn if you could check.

Did you order ahead of time through the pre-concierge?

Yes, we ordered it thru the pre-concierge & it was in our suite when we boarded. So were our other requests.

And don't rely on the suite's computer...it's almost as old as I am I think:D

Enjoy that suite...we certainly did!

Yes, we ordered it thru the pre-concierge & it was in our suite when we boarded. So were our other requests.

And don't rely on the suite's computer...it's almost as old as I am I think:D

Enjoy that suite...we certainly did!

I just sent an email with our request. If it works it works, if not I will let our butler know what we want.

The pre-concierge has been all miss for us. FWIW - I don't think they have the Baileys brand for the choice, it is a different brand but I'd have to see the list again to confirm. Also, the soda selection/booze delivery for us typically doesn't get taken care of the first night as they have to go to "stores" to get it and it ends up being the next afternoon - YMMV on that one.