rear facing extended balconies on Miracle

We are looking at the rear facing cabins (not suites) on the Miracle to Mexico, we would want to be on decks 5, 6 or 7, is there anything we should know about any of those 12 cabins or are they all pretty much the same? Also, do they have a minimum number to book them, or will they allow just 2 people? Thanks!

I was on the 4/16/16 cruise on Miracle and had cabin 5299. It is an aft balcony that has the pullout couch.

The cabin is basically the same as most other balcony cabins on the inside. It has a decent balcony with two chairs, lounge and side table. This sounds good but with the three chairs and side table it is crowded. Often, we would have to do some rearranging to swing the door open or closed. I really wish Carnival would have went with sliding doors on all their ships.

Two people can book a standard or triple and the closer to sailing the quads will open up to anyone.

It is a bit of a walk back to the elevator but that is only an issue if you have mobility problems. Otherwise it's a quick, easy walk.

A big positive for being on Deck 5 is that the laundry is right across the hall. This was convenient for a quick ironing. We didn't do any laundry and we were not disturbed by any noise.

There is a slight vibration at times but nothing at all uncomfortable.

We almost always book aft balconies and love to sit outside at night and watch the wake and the moon. We were treated to a full moon on two nights of this cruise. Overall, I would rate it a 7 out of 10 in all of the aft balconies we've had and well worth booking.

Take care,

Mike

I just read on another post about the vibration, will have to look in to that, and please let us know when you return. We felt a little at docking on the Freedom, but not 24/7. We won't be going until April/May of 2018 so it sounds like it may be another ship we'll be looking at.

scottie, what was below you? I only considered those 3 as I had read they have cabins above and below - just starting my research.

OK, so there is room for all that furniture (sort of), I see they are 60 sq ft, how wide would you say they are? We have a dog run that is 10X5 and I can't imagine the balconies that are only 40 sq ft being comfortable, - we were in a balcony a few years ago (Fascination?) and they were the added on balconies, we couldn't even walk in front of the chairs. After having the corner rear facing afts on the Freedom (RCCL), and a nice balcony on the Sapphire we don't want to be cramped like that again, especially for extra $.

Do these cabins go fast - do I need to book as soon as the schedule opens? I'll have to make a list of the standards and triples so I know which ones to look for.

Thanks everyone! Any more insight would be great.

I just read on another post about the vibration, will have to look in to that, and please let us know when you return. We felt a little at docking on the Freedom, but not 24/7. We won't be going until April/May of 2018 so it sounds like it may be another ship we'll be looking at.

scottie, what was below you? I only considered those 3 as I had read they have cabins above and below - just starting my research.

OK, so there is room for all that furniture (sort of), I see they are 60 sq ft, how wide would you say they are? We have a dog run that is 10X5 and I can't imagine the balconies that are only 40 sq ft being comfortable, - we were in a balcony a few years ago (Fascination?) and they were the added on balconies, we couldn't even walk in front of the chairs. After having the corner rear facing afts on the Freedom (RCCL), and a nice balcony on the Sapphire we don't want to be cramped like that again, especially for extra $.

Do these cabins go fast - do I need to book as soon as the schedule opens? I'll have to make a list of the standards and triples so I know which ones to look for.

If you are looking for something along the lines of a Vista Suite or Aft wrap balcony you will be disappointed. The balcony is bigger than a standard Carnival balcony but there is no comparison to an aft wrap.

Take care,

Mike

Good to know, wasn't expecting as big as a wrap, but big enough to be able to move around and fit 4 people - the one we had on sapphire had 2 chairs/table and the chairs were sort of loungers, I think we measured about 100 sq ft, and that was just a balcony on the side. Thanks Mike!

Stayed in the Aft on the highest deck with a balcony. We had 3 in the room

Note things to watch out for. Sometimes there may be a little ash from the smoke stack

People on the deck above may drop a drink.

and most important. If you are engaging in a act of fun people above you can watch...

Have a great time

Thanks to both of you! And yes, we'll keep our fun inside :D We've only had the rear facing twice (our last 2) and are hooked! I just hope they will let us book the cabin with only 2 people, after we sailed on the Freedom, RCCL stopped letting only 2 book those until closer to final pmt, so doubt we'll see one again on RCCL.

The aft dinning room was below us and I never heard anything. What I liked the best was the stairs down to the outside deck on 3. Goes all the way around the ship. But on an Alaskan cruise the places to be able to see was our main concern. Deck 4 was close to the water line and watching the wake go by was great.

• 4 weeks later...

We booked Vista Suite for Alaskan cruise and it was great... One thing to consider also is to avoid deck 8 since it's right under Lido.

Movement of chairs late night/early morning was a warning my TA gave me when we booked our suite. We booked deck 7 instead. Great views indeed...

In fact we're planning to book on Miracle for 2017 Mexican Riviera cruise and aft Vista Suites are still an option. Love having that extended balcony as we tend to travel with a group of family and friends and often have people over for Happy Hour and Game Night(s).

Edited by Zacnlinc